- CCNA Self-Study (ICND Exam): Extending Switched Networks with Virtual LANs
- Dec 5, 2003
- Steve McQuerry discusses how VLANs operate to provide more effective networks by controlling broadcasts in your network.
- CCNA Self-Study: Network Media (The Physical Layer)
- Apr 9, 2004
- To determine what transmission media is right for particular networking enviornment you must consider organization's required throughput, cabling distance, noise resistance, security, flexibility and plans for growth.In this article Steve McQuerry highlights the concepts and procedures for assembling and cabling Cisco routers.
- CCNA Voice: Everything’s Changing... Again!
- Oct 21, 2010
- Jeremy Cioara discusses the new CCNA Voice certification, its role in your CCVP journey, and what to expect in your studies.
- CCNA: Network Media Types
- Mar 14, 2003
- CCNP: Troubleshooting OSPF
- Nov 14, 2011
- In this article, Anthony Sequeira discusses basic troubleshooting steps for the complex, link-state routing protocol Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Cisco CCENT Flash Cards: Understanding Ethernet and Switch Operations
- Aug 30, 2013
- To help in your CCENT preparations, this chapter covers the fundamentals of Ethernet technologies and describes how switches operate.
- Cisco CCENT Practice and Study Guide: Subnetting IP Networks
- Feb 25, 2014
- This chapter reviews the process of subnetting IP networks. First, by reviewing a process for subnetting IPv4 networks, then, by practicing subnetting skills, including several scenarios.
- Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Cert Guide: Fundamentals of IP Version 6
- Jun 25, 2013
- In preparation for taking the CCNA or CCENT exams, this chapter focuses on the core network layer functions of addressing and routing. The first section of this chapter looks at the big concepts, while the second section looks at the specifics of how to write and type IPv6 addresses.
- Cisco CCNA Cert Guide: Troubleshooting IPv4 Routing Part II
- Aug 29, 2013
- Wendell Odom helps aspiring CCNAs to troubleshoot network problems that have been narrowed down from larger parts of the network. It shows how to look for the root causes: the causes of network problems that have specific solutions that, once a change is made, will solve the original problem.
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Flash Cards: Understanding Ethernet and Switch Operations
- Aug 19, 2013
- To help in your CCNA preparations, this chapter covers the fundamentals of Ethernet technologies and describes how switches operate.
- Cisco CCNA/CCENT ICND1 100-101 Exam Guide: Fundamentals of IP Version 6
- May 2, 2013
- This chapter focuses on the core network layer functions of addressing and routing as covered on the CCNA/CCENT ICND1 100-101 exam.
- Cisco ICND1 Foundation Learning Guide: LANs and Ethernet
- Jun 24, 2013
- This chapter describes and explains the basic components of a LAN as well as common Ethernet technologies and media options. It also provides review questions and additional resources to assist in preparation for the Cisco ICND1 exam.
- Cisco ICND2 Foundation Learning Guide: Implementing an EIGRP Solution
- Oct 18, 2013
- To assist in your studies for the ICND2 exam, this chapter reviews the basics of dynamic routing and examines the operation, configuration, and troubleshooting of EIGRP for IPv4 and IPv6.
- Collision Domains and Broadcast Domains = Apples and Oranges
- May 5, 2015
- Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, doesn't approve of blurring collision domains and broadcast domains. Though these models are often taught together, modern technology has outpaced some of the ideas, and networking specialists who are new to the field need to distinguish between current terminology and outdated concepts.
- Common Protocols for Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Oct 22, 2015
- Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, discusses some of the protocols used on modern virtual private networks.
- Configuration Scenario Labs Video Walkthrough from the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator
- Jan 17, 2014
- This video walkthough of the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator Configuration Scenario (CS) covers a "typical" CS Lab, including performing all the steps to complete a lab, Cisco IOS CLI interaction, and grading.
- Five (or Six) Things That Will Make You a DHCP Wizard
- Nov 17, 2015
- You're probably using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) right now, as you read this article. Surprised? Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, explains what you need to know about the use of DHCP in modern communications.
- Frame Relay for ICND Exam
- Aug 29, 2003
- Wendell Odom tells you what you need to know to ace the Frame Relay portion of the ICND Exam. In this sample chapter, he concentrates on Frame Relay protocols and configuration.
- Fundamentals of IP for the CCNA INTRO Exam #640-821
- Sep 12, 2003
- Learn about the core concepts behind OSI Layer 3 and the main Layer 3 protocol used by TCP/IP to help you on the CCNA INTRO Exam.
- How Can I Possibly Learn Everything in the New ICND1?
- May 2, 2013
- Anthony Sequeira provides steps you can follow that should help you pursue excellence in entry-level Cisco certifications.