- How Can I Possibly Learn Everything in the New ICND2?
- May 2, 2013
- Anthony Sequeira breaks down the ICND2 exam content, letter for letter, with a focus on scope that you should know.
- Inner Workings of the Domain Name System (DNS)
- Nov 24, 2015
- When you type an address into a browser and hit Enter, you expect to arrive at the intended website. Without the Domain Name System (DNS), that wouldn't happen. Whether simple or very complex, networks worldwide rely on the DNS to connect client and target. Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, explains how DNS connects one person or server with another, and why you need to know about this undervalued service.
- Interview with CCNA Authors Lynn Maynes and Gary Heap
- Jan 24, 2003
- Here's what Gary Heap and Lynn Maynes, both CCIEs, have to say about their CCNA book and the CCNA exam.
- Introduction to 31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam
- May 19, 2014
- Allan Johnson provides a list of recommended resources to assist in your preparation for taking the CCNA Routing and Switching Exam. He also provides a brief introduction to the CCNA 200-201 Exam itself.
- IP Access List Security for CCNA Exam #640-607
- Apr 19, 2002
- Wendell Odom reviews the characteristics and limitations of the distance vector routing protocol RIP as part of the preparation for the CCNA exam #640-607.
- IPv6 According to ICND1 Version 2
- Mar 26, 2013
- Anthony Sequeira examines many of the key facts that one should know about the next generation of the Internet Protocol suite, IPv6, at the modified CCENT level. This article also serves as a guide for understanding the scope of what is
covered in the new ICND1.
- Mitigation Technologies for E-mail-Based and Web-Based Threats
- Sep 29, 2015
- This chapter from CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide covers the Cisco E-mail Security Appliances (ESA) and the Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA) technologies and solutions in detail. You will learn mitigation technologies such as spam and antimalware filtering, data loss prevention (DLP), blacklisting, e-mail encryption, and web application filtering.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) Implementation Methods
- Dec 1, 2015
- Have you ever adjusted to a new area code or ZIP code? Everyone needs unique phone numbers and addresses, which is a struggle for the phone companies and the post office. The Internet has the same growing pains on a planetary scale, with everyone's Net-connected devices needing unique IP addresses. Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, explains how Network Address Translation makes it possible for all of us and our gadgets to communicate.
- Network Management According to ICND2 Version 2
- Mar 26, 2013
- Anthony Sequeira points out the facts you need to know about networking management technologies that are now part of the CCNA.
- Network Routing Protocols and Methods, Part 1
- Nov 3, 2015
- In this two-part series, Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, discusses current network routing protocols and methods for implementing them. This article covers the types of static versus dynamic routing protocols and the differences between them.
- Network Routing Protocols and Methods, Part 2
- Nov 10, 2015
- In the conclusion of this series, Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, explains how to untangle the detailed network information provided by two popular network routing protocols.
- Routers and Switches and Hubs, Oh My! An Introduction to Network Devices and Their Functions
- Oct 12, 2015
- Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, discusses some of the most common network devices that network engineers need to know and understand.
- Skill Builder Labs Video Walkthrough from the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator
- Jan 17, 2014
- This video walkthough of the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator Skill Builder covers a "typical" SB lab, including performing all the steps to complete a lab, Cisco IOS CLI interaction, and grading.
- Subnetting Exercise Labs Video Walkthrough from the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator
- Jan 17, 2014
- This video walkthrough of the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator Subnetting Exercise (SE) covers a "typical" SE Lab, including performing all the steps to complete a lab, Cisco IOS CLI interaction, and grading.
- TACACS+ vs. RADIUS: Similarities and Differences
- Dec 8, 2015
- If you're responsible for the security of your organization's network, it's important to examine all the possibilities. Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, examines these two long-time AAA favorites, discussing how they protect your network's vital resources.
- Tackling the CCNA Exam
- Sep 26, 2003
- Mastering CCNA certification is not an easy task. Eric Rivard gives you tips on how to successfully pass the CCNA exam the very first time.
- The Ins and Outs of Pearson's Cisco Network Simulator
- Nov 25, 2013
- Sean Wilkins takes an in-depth look at the topics that have been added to the new Pearson Cisco Network Simulator as well as a review of some of the commands that are being added.
- The TCP/IP and OSI Networking Models
- Nov 21, 2011
- This chapter explains the terminology and concepts behind TCP/IP. It also explains the terminology behind the OSI networking model in comparison to TCP/IP.
- To Route or Not to Route: A Day in the Life of a Router
- Aug 31, 2011
- A lot goes into the decision process regarding routing, and it happens long before a packet arrives at the router for its turn to be forwarded. In this article, the author takes a close look at a day in the life of the router.
- Training Never Goes Out of Fashion: An Interview with Wendell Odom
- Jun 9, 2009
- Linda Leung talks with Wendell Odom about what people these days really think about the classes, the exams, and the whole idea of certification.