- Troubleshooting Scenario Labs Video Walkthrough from the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator
- Jan 17, 2014
- This video walkthough of the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator Troubleshooting Scenario (TS) covers a "typical" TS Lab, including performing all the steps to complete a lab, Cisco IOS CLI interaction, and grading.
- Using Pearson's Cisco Network Simulator
- Nov 25, 2013
- Sean Wilkins shows you how Pearson's Cisco Network Simulator product offers a reasonably affordable option for learning the material for the CCNA program while also providing a course-like structure that lends itself to easy learning.
- Virtual vs. Physical LANs: Device Functionalities
- May 29, 2015
- If you have a good grasp of the basics of local access networks (LANs), it's time to step up your game. Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide, explores the concepts behind virtual LANs, how they differ from physical LANs, and why VLANs make sense for modern organizations.
- VLAN Configuration Fundamentals and Commands
- Jun 15, 2015
- After becoming familiar with basic VLAN concepts, you need to learn how to configure your organization's networks and devices. Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, discusses important concepts and commands you will use in setting up networks and getting devices to talk to each other.
- WAN Technologies: Important Points of Interest, Part 1 of 3
- Dec 29, 2015
- In the first article of a three-part series, Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, Academic Edition, provides an overview of some of the wide area networking (WAN) technologies that network engineers need to know to get that first job in the industry, or to move up in their chosen field.
- WAN Technologies: Important Points of Interest, Part 2 of 3
- Jan 6, 2016
- In Part 2 of a three-part series, Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, Academic Edition, reviews popular low-end and mid-grade offerings for Internet access: dial-up, ISDN, DSL, and cable.
- WAN Technologies: Important Points of Interest, Part 3 of 3
- Jan 13, 2016
- Concluding this three-part series on WAN technologies, Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, Academic Edition, discusses how satellite, wireless data, and leased lines are used as part of a networking solution.
- What Happens in the VLAN Stays in the VLAN
- Aug 31, 2011
- This article discusses discover the secrets of the VLAN and why it is a critical tool in todays networks.
- What the New CCNA Version 2 Means to Your Career
- Mar 26, 2013
- Cisco networking expert Anthony Sequeira dives into what is covered on the new ICND1v2 and ICND2v2 exams and explains how those required skills will shape your IT career.
- What to Expect from Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (ICND1v2.0)
- Mar 26, 2013
- This article by Cisco expert Michelle Plumb covers the areas that you will learn to start into the world of Cisco networking as they relate to the latest release of the ICND1 exam.
- What to Expect from Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2v2.0)
- Mar 26, 2013
- To see if achieving a CCNA certification is the right career path for you, check out the topics presented by Cisco expert Michelle Plumb that you will learn in the latest version of the ICND2 exam.
- What’s New in the Cisco ICND1 and ICND2 v2.0 Exams?
- Jun 25, 2013
- In March 2013, Cisco released new versions of the ICND1 and ICND2 exams for their CCENT and CCNA certifications. These new versions, labeled ICND1 v2.0 and ICND2 v2.0 include several additions and deletions from the prior 1.1 versions. Eric Rivard runs down the changes in this article.
- What's New in CCNA #640-607?
- Mar 22, 2002
- Confused about the new CCNA exam? This FAQ from Cisco Press answers the most common questions about Cisco's new exam #640-607.
- WLAN Fundamentals
- May 30, 2012
- This excerpt from CCNA Wireless (640-722 IUWNE) Quick Reference covers Wireless Networks and Topologies.