- CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide: Classification and Marking
- Dec 16, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2, 5th Edition covers the following subtopics from the Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching written exam blueprint: Modular QoS CLI (MQC), Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR), QoS Classification, QoS Marking, and Cisco AutoQoS.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference: Application and Infrastructure Security
- Sep 17, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference, 3rd Edition covers HTTP, HTTPS, Simple Mail Transfer, Protocol, File Transfer Protocol, Domain Name System, and Trivial File Transfer Protocol.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide: IP Forwarding (Routing)
- Sep 10, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1, 5th Edition covers Cisco Express Forwarding concepts, routing protocol migration, and policy-based routing.
- Cisco WSA: User Authentication with Transparent Proxy
- Jul 30, 2014
- In this video Natalie Timms covers integrating user authentication with Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) based transparent proxy service on the Cisco Web Services Appliance (WSA). She shows how an existing Microsoft Active Directory user database can be leveraged to validate user credentials when determining if redirected traffic flows should be permitted through the WSA.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Practice Lab
- Jul 15, 2014
- In this practice lab to help in your preparation for the CCIE Security exam, Natalie Timms focuses on initializing and configuring the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) in both single- and multi-context modes.
- CCIE Collaboration Quick Reference: Cisco Unified Communications Security
- Jul 2, 2014
- In this chapter, Akhil Behl explains how to secure a converged communications network by discussing potential threats as well as options for maintaining the confidentiality of network data and its integrity.
- Warmup for the CCIE Troubleshooting Lab 1
- Jun 20, 2014
- This chapter details the equipment requirements and pre-lab tasks to help you prepare for the troubleshooting portion of the CCIE Routing and Switching exam.
- Planning and Designing 802.11 Wireless Technologies
- May 16, 2012
- On top of normal networking issues, WLAN adds a couple of new challenges, such as Layer 1 (radio frequency [RF]) issues; a set of L2 protocols, such as IEEE 802.11; and the need for agencies to regulate the use of this shared medium, as the authors explain in this excerpt from their book, CCIE Wireless Exam (350-050) Quick Reference.
- (Video) Exam Profile: CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0
- Apr 26, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert exam is the qualification exam for the Routing and Switching Lab track. Find out what you can expect to see on the exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- CCIE Voice v3.0 Quick Reference: Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Jan 17, 2012
- This quick reference covers best practices for the deployment of Cisco Unified Communications Manager as well as an overview of compatible codecs and regions.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0: Troubleshooting Lab 1 (The Warm-Up)
- Dec 12, 2011
- This troubleshooting lab has been timed to last for 2 hours and be representative of the format and difficulty of the tasks you are likely to encounter on your CCIE lab exam.
- CCNP: Troubleshooting OSPF
- Nov 14, 2011
- In this article, Anthony Sequeira discusses basic troubleshooting steps for the complex, link-state routing protocol Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Switchport Security Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 1, 2011
- There are a couple of different ways to configure the use of switchport security and this article will review the available options and requirements.
- CCIE Security v3.0 Quick Reference: Application Protocols
- Apr 1, 2011
- This sample from CCIE Security v3.0 Quick Reference includes definitions and explanations of HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, and DNS.
- CCIE Routing & Switching v4.0 Quick Reference: Network Optimization
- Oct 27, 2010
- This quick reference for CCIE Routing and Switching exam-takers covers SLAs, NetFlow, SPAN, RSPAN, and RITE, and Cisco IOS EEM.
- CCIE Routing and Switching Practice Lab 3—The VPN Lab
- Jul 14, 2010
- This chapter guides you through the equipment requirements and pre-lab tasks in preparation for taking the VPN practice lab.
- Virtual LANs and VLAN Trunking
- Dec 25, 2009
- This chapter covers some of the most fundamental and important LAN topics with coverage of VLANs and VLAN trunking in preparation for the CCIE Routing and Switching Exam.
- Multiprotocol Label Switching
- Jun 25, 2008
- This chapter introduces the core concepts with MPLS, particularly its use for unicast IP forwarding and for MPLS VPNs.
- CCIE Self-Study: Security Protocols
- Oct 28, 2005
- This chapter covers some of today's most widely used technologies that enable network administrators to ensure that sensitive data is secure from unauthorized sources. Standards such as IP Security (IPSec) and encryption standards are covered, as are all the fundamental foundation topics you need to understand to master the topics covered in the CCIE Security written exam.
- CCIE Routing and Switching Flash Cards: General Networking Theory
- Feb 25, 2005
- This chapter ensures you are prepared for questions in the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) written exam that deal with general networking theories. General networking theories include Open System Interconnection (OSI) models, routing concepts, networking standards, and protocol mechanics.