- CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide: Authentication Policies
- May 6, 2015
- In this chapter from CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide, the authors discuss network authentication policies.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-618 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- May 17, 2012
- This section starts to examine the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management. This section covers basic command-line interface (CLI) configuration, but mainly focuses on configuring the ASA through the graphical Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM).
- (Video) Exam Profile: Cisco CCNP Security IPS
- Apr 24, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Network Professional Security IPS exam is one of the four exams that must be passed to obtain the Cisco CCNP Security certification. Find out what you can expect to see on this exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- CCNP Security Firewall Cert Guide: Recording ASA Activity
- Dec 16, 2011
- To help you prepare for the CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 exam, this chapter covers System Time, Managing Event and Session Logging, Configuring Event and Session Logging, Verifying Event and Session Logging, and Troubleshooting Event and Session Logging.
- CCNP Security: Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Nov 22, 2011
- This chapter covers evaluating and choosing approaches to intrusion prevention and detection.
- Flexible Netflow Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 22, 2011
- This article takes a look at the typical uses for the Flexible Netflow feature, how it works and how it can be configured into a complete solution.
- Cisco Network Infrastructure Security: Control Plane Policing Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 21, 2011
- This article takes a looks at control plane policing, examining what it is, how it works and how it can be configured to secure this equipment.
- SNMP Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 20, 2011
- This article takes a look at some of the basic SNMP concepts, examining how it works and how it can be configured to perform basic functions.
- Routing Protocol Authentication Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 13, 2011
- This article takes a look at the available routing protocol authentication options for the most often used routing protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, RIP and BGP.
- Securing the Management Plane of a Cisco Network Device
- Jul 11, 2011
- This article takes a look at a couple of the different features that can be used to secure the management plane of a Cisco network device (or devices) and reviews the basic configuration of these features.
- Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 8, 2011
- This article goes over the Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (Unicast RPF) feature and how it can be configured to deal with an IP source address spoofing attack.
- Basic NAT Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 6, 2011
- This article looks at some of the basic concepts that are used when configuring NAT and reviews the configuration steps required to get NAT working.
- Switchport Security Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 1, 2011
- There are a couple of different ways to configure the use of switchport security and this article will review the available options and requirements.
- Basic Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Concepts and Configuration
- Jun 29, 2011
- This article looks at the current IOS device based network intrusion prevention system (NIPS).
- Cisco CCNP Security Cert Guide: Implementing and Configuring Cisco IOS Routed Data Plane Security
- Jun 27, 2011
- This chapter addresses how to secure the routed data plane, including the Cisco IOS Software features that can be used to secure the network user data that traverses the network, and discusses how to configure these features on the network devices within the network.
- CCNP Security Quick Reference: Deploying Cisco ASA AnyConnect Remote-Access VPN Solutions
- Apr 14, 2011
- In this chapter you learn to deploy and manage Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private networks (VPN) on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) as the VPN gateway with clients using AnyConnect SSL Client software.
- Basic Access List Configuration for Cisco Devices
- Apr 4, 2011
- This article discusses the basic concepts of how ACLs work and shows how a basic ACL is configured.
- CCNP Security Secure 642-637 Quick Reference: Cisco Layer 2 Security
- Mar 15, 2011
- This chapter describes the main types of Layer 2 attacks and how to defend against them.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- Mar 11, 2011
- This chapter starts to look at the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management.
- CCSP SNRS Exam Self-Study: Mitigating Layer 2 Attacks
- Jul 7, 2006
- This excerpt from the official Cisco SNRS study guide discusses Layer 2 attacks, mitigations, best practices, and functionality within the scope of the CCSP SNRS exam framework.