Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 3rd Edition
- By Diane Teare, Catherine Paquet
- Published Dec 26, 2006 by Cisco Press.
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Register your book and receive free supplemental content. Log in and enter the book's ISBN, then a link to the content will be listed on your Account page, under Registered Products.
- Copyright 2007
- Edition: 3rd
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-223-7
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-223-1
Learn intermediate and advanced routing techniques with the only Cisco-authorized self-study book for CCNP routing foundation learning
- Learn intermediate and advance routing techniques from the newest edition of the best-selling CCNP BSCI foundational learning book
- Rely on learning from the only Cisco-authorized book publisher
- Master your learning with tools like self-assessment review questions, configuration exercises, chapter objectives and summaries, key term definitions, job aids and command summaries
CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) , Third Edition is a Cisco authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCNP preparation. This book teaches readers to design, configure, maintain, and scale routed networks that are growing in size and complexity. The book covers routing principles of both distance vector and link-state routing protocols; IP addressing techniques; the theory behind the IGP and EGP routing protocols; and configuration and troubleshooting information for each protocol. Upon completion readers will be able to select and implement the appropriate Cisco IOS Software services required to build scalable, routed networks.
The book provides early and comprehensive foundation learning for the CCNP BSCI exam. This revision to the popular second edition is updated to include complete coverage of all important routing topics, including advanced IP addressing, routing principles, manipulating routing updates, and EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP configuration. Chapters open with a list of objectives to focus the reader's study. Configuration exercises at the end of each chapter and a master lab exercise that ties all the topics together in the last chapter help illuminate theoretical concepts. Key terms are highlighted and defined, and each chapter concludes with a summary to help review key concepts.
What's new in the book? The book matches changes to the CCNP course and exam as per Cisco Systems.
Online Sample Chapter
Configuring the Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 596 KB -- Chapter 3: Configuring the Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol
Download - 30.5 KB -- Book Foreword
Download - 848 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 3rd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.00
- CCVP CIPT Quick Reference Sheets
- eBook (Watermarked) $7.99