Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCNP Cisco Networking Academy Program: Remote Access Companion Guide
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Click on "Downloads" for a sample chapter
- Maps to Web-based Curriculum—Print products map to the current version of the Web-based curriculum.
Provides the student and the instructor with an integrated textbook companion to strengthen classroom learning.
- Strong Textbook Pedagogy and Learning Aids—Marginal notes, warnings, and tech notes are included within chapter structure to build upon the student's learning.
Highlight important information, alert the student to configuration pitfalls, and offer background information on related topics and real-world implementation issues.
- Chapter Structure Designed to Reinforce Concepts—Chapter summaries, review questions, and lab questions included within each chapter.
Reinforces concepts and helps the student evaluate their understanding before moving on to new material. Answers to review questions are found in the appendixes, along with a glossary of key terms used throughout the text.
- Lab Exercises—Each chapter features a set of labs tied to the most recently covered material.
Lead students through important configuration concepts, step by step. Hands-on learning helps students put theory into practice, thereby reinforcing concepts. Essential exercises prepare students for CCNP certification and advanced study.
- Only Cisco-Approved Study Materials for the Networking Academy Course—Cisco Press is the only publisher endorsed and recommended by Cisco Systems.
Provides the instructor and the student with the confidence that the same individuals who developed the Web-based curriculum have reviewed and recommended the text from Cisco Press.
- Copyright 2002
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58713-028-9
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-028-1
The Only Authorized Textbook for the CCNP Cisco Networking Academy Program
CCNP Cisco Networking Academy Program: Remote Access Companion Guide is the Cisco(r)-approved textbook for the remote access portion of the Cisco Networking Academy Program. This Companion Guide supplements the most current Web-based Networking Academy curriculum, providing intermediate-level students with the knowledge and skills needed to pass the Remote Access certification exam and to further their career opportunities in computer networking.
This Companion Guide provides students with a solid introduction to remote access concepts and terminology. Through real-world examples, technical notes, and network diagrams, this book describes how to configure Cisco routers for today's key remote access technologies, including dial-up and packet-switched circuits.
Look for the following user-friendly features to help you learn about advanced networking and Cisco IOS(r) technologies:
- Detailed introduction to emerging remote access technologies provides an overview of such technologies as digital subscriber line (DSL), cable modems, and wireless networking.
- Configuring Cisco 700 Series Routers appendix introduces the Cisco 700 Series ISDN routers and presents configuration guidelines for this series.
- Margin notes, warnings, and tech notes highlight important information, alert you to configuration pitfalls, and offer background information on related topics and real-world implementation issues.
- Scenario-based figures, examples, and tables illustrate network layouts and processes, show sample IOS configurations, and provide command summaries and comparisons of features and characteristics.
Mark McGregor, CCNP, CCDP(r), CCAI, is the regional coordinator for the Cisco Networking Academy Program at Los Medanos College, in Pittsburg, California. He has taught in the Networking Academy since 1997 and currently works for Cisco Systems Worldwide Education on Networking Academy-related projects. Mark holds a bachelor's degree in English from the University of California, Davis, and has authored several books for Cisco Press. As a public school instructor for more than eight years, he has enjoyed the opportunity to teach and learn from students of all ages and backgrounds. Mark lives in Antioch, California.
Cisco Press is a collaboration between Cisco Systems, Inc., and Pearson Education that is charged with developing high-quality, cutting-edge educational and reference products for the networking industry. The products in the Cisco Networking Academy Program Series are designed to prepare students for careers in the exciting networking field. These products have proven to be strong supplements to the Web-based curriculum and are the only print companions that have been reviewed and endorsed by Cisco Systems for Cisco Networking Academy Program use.
Download. - 593 KB .pdf -- Chapter 11, "NAT"
Table of Contents
1: Remote Access.
2: Modems and Asynchronous Connections.
4: ISDN and DDR.
5: Dialer Profiles.
7: Frame Relay.
8: Shaping Frame Relay Traffic.
9: WAN Backup Connections.
10: Queuing and Compression.
Appendix A: Answers to Review Questions.
Appendix B: Emerging Remote Access Technologies.
Appendix C: Configuring Cisco 700 Series Routers.
Download - 417 KB -- Index