Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCNP Optimizing Converged Networks (ONT 642-845) Lab Portfolio (Cisco Networking Academy)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Curriculum, Challenge, and Troubleshooting labs for the CCNP ONT course from the Cisco Networking Academy Program
- Review all the labs from the online CCNP ONT curriculum from the Cisco Networking Academy Program in a portable workbook format
- Master advanced networking topics with the additional Challenge Labs written by industry and education experts
- Gain insight into network maintenance with the bonus Troubleshooting labs
- Copyright 2008
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-58713-216-8
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-216-2
CCNP Optimizing Converged Networks(ONT 642-845)
David Kotfila • Joshua Moorhouse • Ross G. Wolfson, CCIE® No. 16696
CCNP Optimizing Converged Networks (ONT 642-845) Lab Portfolio provides you with opportunities for hands-on practice with optimizing and providing effective QoS techniques in converged networks operating voice, wireless, and security applications. Topics also include implementing a VoIP network, specific mechanisms for implementing the DiffServ QoS model, AutoQoS, wireless security, and basic wireless management.
Those preparing for the Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks (ONT 642-845) certification exam should work through this book cover-to-cover. Or, if you need to quickly review configuration examples, you can go directly to the relevant chapter.
CCNP Optimizing Converged Networks (ONT 642-845) Lab Portfolio includes
- 21 Labs built to support v5 of the Optimizing Converged Networks course within the Cisco® Networking Academy® curriculum, providing ample opportunity to practice.
- 2 Challenge and Troubleshooting Labs have been added to the core curriculum labs to test your mastery of the topics.
- 1 Case Study to give you a taste of what is involved in a fully functioning network, covering all the technologies taught in this course. Even if you do not have the actual equipment to configure these more complex topologies, it is worth reading through these labs to expand your thinking into more complex networking solutions.
David Kotfila, CCNP®, CCAI, is the director of the Cisco Networking Academy at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy, New York.
Joshua Moorhouse, CCNP, recently graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a bachelor of science degree in computer science, where he also worked as a teaching assistant in the Cisco Networking Academy. He currently works as a network engineer at Factset Research Systems.
Ross Wolfson, CCIE® No. 16696, recently graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a bachelor of science degree in computer science. He currently works as a network engineer at Factset Research Systems.
Use this Lab Portfolio with:
CCNP ONT Official Exam Certification Guide
CCNP ONT Portable Command Guide
This book is part of the Cisco Networking Academy Series from Cisco Press®. Books in this series support and complement the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Describing Campus Network Requirements 1
Lab 1-1: Optimizing Converged Networks Lab Configuration Guide 1
Chapters 3, 4, 5: Quality of Service Scenarios 2
Chapter 6: Wireless Scenarios 5
Chapter 2 Cisco VoIP Implementations 7
Lab 2-1: Configure CME Using the CLI and Cisco IP Communicator (2.6.1) 7
Step 1: Configure Addressing 7
Step 2: Configure Router Telephony Service 9
Step 3: Create Directory Numbers 10
Step 4: Create Phones 11
Step 5: Install Cisco IP Communicator 12
Step 6: Run Cisco IP Communicator 16
Step 7: Establish a Call from Host A to Host B 19
Step 8: Change the Codec Being Used 21
Chapter 3 Introduction to IP QoS 25
Lab 3-1: Preparing for QoS (3.6.1) 25
Step 1: Preliminaries 27
Step 2: Create Basic Pagent IOS and TGN Configurations 27
Step 3: Store Basic Pagent Configurations 33
Step 4: Create Advanced Pagent IOS, TGN, and NQR Configurations 34
Step 5: Store Advanced Pagent Configurations 38
Step 6: Display Traffic Statistics 38
Basic Pagent Configurations 40
IOS Configuration on R4: Stored in flash:basic-ios.cfg 40
TGN Configuration on R4: Stored in flash:basic-tgn.cfg 41
IOS Configuration on ALS1: Stored in flash:basic.cfg 41
Pagent Configurations 42
IOS Configuration on R4 (TrafGen): Stored in flash:advanced-ios.cfg 42