Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Cisco LAN Switching (CCIE Professional Development series)
- Your Price: $51.20
- List Price: $64.00
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2009
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58714-076-4
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58714-076-1
The most complete guide to Cisco Catalyst(r) switch network design, operation, and configuration
- Master key foundation topics such as high-speed LAN technologies, LAN segmentation, bridging, the Catalyst command-line environment, and VLANs
- Improve the performance of your campus network by utilizing effective Cisco Catalyst design, configuration, and troubleshooting techniques
- Benefit from the most comprehensive coverage of Spanning-Tree Protocol, including invaluable information on troubleshooting common Spanning Tree problems
- Master trunking concepts and applications, including ISL, 802.1Q, LANE, and MPOA
- Understand when and how to utilize Layer 3 switching techniques for maximum effect
- Understand Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching configuration with the Catalyst 6000 family, including coverage of the powerful MSFC Native IOS Mode
Cisco LAN Switchingprovides the most comprehensive coverage of the best methods for designing, utilizing, and deploying LAN switching devices and technologies in a modern campus network. Divided into six parts, this book takes you beyond basic switching concepts by providing an array of proven design models, practical implementation solutions, and troubleshooting strategies. Part I discusses important foundation issues that provide a context for the rest of the book, including Fast and Gigabit Ethernet, routing versus switching, the types of Layer 2 switching, the Catalyst command-line environment, and VLANs. Part II presents the most detailed discussion of Spanning-Tree Protocol in print, including common problems, troubleshooting, and enhancements, such as PortFast, UplinkFast, BackboneFast, and PVST+. Part III examines the critical issue of trunk connections, the links used to carry multiple VLANs through campus networks. Entire chapters are dedicated to LANE and MPOA. Part IV addresses advanced features, such as Layer 3 switching, VTP, and CGMP and IGMP. Part V covers real-world campus design and implementation issues, allowing you to benefit from the collective advice of many LAN switching experts. Part VI discusses issues specific to the Catalyst 6000/6500 family of switches, including the powerful Native IOS Mode of Layer 3 switching.
Several features in Cisco LAN Switchingare designed to reinforce concepts covered in the book and to help you prepare for the CCIE exam. In addition to the practical discussion of advanced switching issues, this book also contains case studies that highlight real-world design, implementation, and management issues, as well as chapter-ending review questions and exercises.
This book is part of the Cisco CCIE Professional Development Series from Cisco Press, which offers expert-level instruction on network design, deployment, and support methodologies to help networking professionals manage complex networks and prepare for CCIE exams.
Other Things You Might Like
- LISP Network, The: Evolution to the Next-Generation of Data Networks
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39