Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Content Networking Fundamentals
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2006
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-240-7
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-240-8
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-291-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-291-0
A comprehensive introduction to the theory and practical applications of content networking
- Get a strong introduction to the basic networking concepts necessary for content networking, including network address translation, IP multicast content delivery, quality of service, and streaming media
- Master the application-layer protocols, including HTTP, SSL, RSTP, RTP and FTP
- Design redundancy and high availability by using server load balancing, Domain Name System (DNS) directory services, Cisco DistributedDirector software, proximity-based load balancing, and global sticky databases
- Learn to switch and offload encrypted content by importing, creating, and configuring certificates and keys in Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) termination devices
- Examine how to configure routers with Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) and to switch content requests to content engines for serving frequently requested objects
- Learn how to configure caching, live push- and pull-splitting, content acquisitioning, and pre-positioning using Cisco Application and Content Networking System (ACNS) software
Content networking is the most popular technology used to enhance network and application performance. The growth of content networking has been driven by end-user demands for richer content and lowered response times. These demands have caused the field of content networking to flourish with technological advances. Today many companies use content networking to add a layer of intelligence to their systems, scaling server availability and optimizing content delivery.
Content Networking Fundamentals introduces you to content networking solutions and the underlying networking technologies that content networking uses to accelerate your applications in new and unique ways. You’ll discover various algorithms behind content networking and learn how the Cisco Systems® product suite implements them.
In this comprehensive guide, you start with a review of the protocols required for content networking, building your knowledge of introductory concepts and applications. From there, you delve into the components specific to content networking, with a focus on the content-aware Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Layers 4 through 7. Numerous deployment examples help you understand the more advanced topics. You can use the configuration snapshots in this book as skeletal configurations for your production network.
Following the valuable lessons taught in Content Networking Fundamentals, you’ll be able to effectively design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot content networks.
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 1 MB -- Chapter 7: Presenting and Transforming Content
Download - 119 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- LISP Network, The: Evolution to the Next-Generation of Data Networks
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39