Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS): (CCNA Security exam 640-553) (Authorized Self-Study Guide)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2009
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-815-4
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-815-8
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) is a Cisco-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCNA® Security foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to secure Cisco® routers and switches and their associated networks. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to troubleshoot and monitor network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices, as well as the technologies that Cisco uses in its security infrastructure.
This book focuses on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and how it affects the posture of the network. You will learn how to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch type office network using Cisco IOS® security features available through the Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) web-based graphical user interface (GUI) and through the command-line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches. The author also provides, when appropriate, parallels with Cisco ASA appliances.
Whether you are preparing for CCNA Security certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of Cisco IOS security fundamentals, you will benefit from the information provided in this book.
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security
- Configure routers on the network perimeter with Cisco IOS Software security features
- Configure firewall features including ACLs and Cisco IOS zone-based policy firewalls to perform basic security operations on a network
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features
- Configure IPS on Cisco network routers
- Configure LAN devices to control access, resist attacks, shield other network devices and systems, and protect the integrity and confidentiality of network traffic
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press®. Books in this series provide officially developed self-study solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Online Sample Chapter
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 6 and Index)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Network Security Principles
Examining Network Security Fundamentals
The Need for Network Security
Network Security Objectives
Response to a Security Breach
Laws and Ethics
Examining Network Attack Methodologies
Adversaries, Motivations, and Classes of Attack
Classes of Attack and Methodology
The Principles of Defense in Depth
IP Spoofing Attacks
Best Practices to Defeat Network Attacks
Examining Operations Security
Secure Network Life Cycle Management
Principles of Operations Security
Network Security Testing
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
Understanding and Developing a Comprehensive Network Security Policy
Security Policy Overview
Security Policy Components
Standards, Guidelines, and Procedures
Security Policy Roles and Responsibilities
Risk Analysis and Management
Principles of Secure Network Design
Cisco Self-Defending Networks
Changing Threats and Challenges
Building a Cisco Self-Defending Network
Cisco Integrated Security Portfolio
Other Things You Might Like
- CCDE v3 Practice Labs: Preparing for the Cisco Certified Design Expert Lab Exam
- eBook (Watermarked) $63.99
- CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Foundation, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $79.99