Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
IT Essentials Companion Guide v6, 6th Edition
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Portable, desk references for take-home study and reference anytime, anywhere
- Aligns to the online course chapters
- Provides students with the only authorized, full-featured textbook for the Cisco Networking Academy IT Essentials course
- Book-based pedagogy that serves as additional reinforcement in helping the student learn the topics covered in the course
- Copyright 2017
- Dimensions: 8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 928
- Edition: 6th
- ISBN-10: 1-58713-355-5
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-355-8
IT Essentials v6 Companion Guide supports the Cisco Networking Academy IT Essentials version 6 course. The course is designed for Cisco Networking Academy students who want to pursue careers in IT and learn how computers work, how to assemble computers, and how to safely and securely troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
As CompTIA Approved Quality Content, the course also helps you prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams 220-901 and 220-902. Students must pass both exams to earn the CompTIA A+ certification.
The features of the Companion Guide are designed to help you study and succeed in this course:
- Chapter objectives–Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key terms–Refer to the updated lists of networking vocabulary introduced, and turn to the highlighted terms in context.
- Course section numbering–Follow along with the course heading numbers to easily jump online to complete labs, activities, and quizzes referred to within the text.
- Check Your Understanding Questions and Answer Key–Evaluate your readiness with the updated end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see on the online course quizzes.
This icon in the Companion Guide indicates when there is a hands-on Lab to do. All the Labs from the course are compiled and published in the separate book, IT Essentials v6 Lab Manual. Practicing and performing all these tasks will reinforce the concepts and help you become a successful PC technician.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Introduction to the Personal Computer System
- Chapter 2 Introduction to Lab Procedures and Tool Use
- Chapter 3 Computer Assembly
- Chapter 4 Overview of Preventive Maintenance
- Chapter 5 Windows Installation
- Chapter 6 Windows Configuration and Management
- Chapter 7 Networking Concepts
- Chapter 8 Applied Networking
- Chapter 9 Laptops and Mobile Devices
- Chapter 10 Mobile, Linux, and OS X Operating Systems
- Chapter 11 Printers
- Chapter 12 Security
- Chapter 13 The IT Professional
- Appendix A Answers to “Check Your Understanding” Questions