- Enhancing Your Network with Voice and Video Gadgets
- Oct 24, 2008
- Eric Geier covers accessories and gadgets you can use to enhance your wired or WiFi network.
- VoIP Threat Taxonomy
- Sep 24, 2008
- This chapter categorizes the main threats against VoIP service and explains their impact and possible methods of protection.
- CCNA ICND2 Exam Guide: Troubleshooting IP Routing
- Jul 10, 2008
- This troubleshooting chapter explains ping and traceroute commands, the troubleshooting the packet forwarding process, and provides troubleshooting tools and tips.
- CCNA Portable Command Guide: IPv6
- Jul 1, 2008
- This chapter provides information and commands concerning a number of IPv6-related topics.
- CCNP ISCW Exam Guide: GRE Tunneling over Ipsec
- Jun 24, 2008
- This chapter talks about the use of GRE in an IPsec environment and how that relates to the CCNP ISCW exam.
- VoWLAN Applications and Benefits
- Jun 2, 2008
- This chapter describes various applications of Voice over Wireless LAN (VoWLAN) systems. Real-world examples and case studies provide you with a solid understanding of how VoWLAN can benefit a company. Details are also given about tangible benefits and expected return on investment (ROI).
- Designing IP-Based Video Conferencing Systems: Dealing with Lip Synchronization
- Dec 7, 2007
- Basic IP Connectivity and Troubleshooting in Cisco Express Forwarding
- Oct 26, 2007
- Border Gateway Protocol, Route Manipulation, and IP Multicast
- Oct 26, 2007
- VoIP: An In-Depth Analysis
- Oct 20, 2006
- This chapter explains many of the issues facing Voice over IP (VoIP) and ways in which Cisco addresses these issues.
- Basic IPsec VPN Topologies and Configurations
- Sep 29, 2006
- In this chapter, you will review several common deployments of IPsec virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering Technology Overview
- Sep 22, 2006
- This chapter presents a review of Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (MPLS TE) technology. MPLS TE can play an important role in the implementation of network services with quality of service (QoS) guarantees.
- Building Resilient IP Networks: The Access Module
- Jun 9, 2006
- This chapter focuses on Ethernet switching technology, specifically Layer 2 network resiliency and how it should be built to provide a solid foundation for the Layer 3 network.
- IPSec Authentication and Authorization Models
- Oct 21, 2005
- This chapter covers IPSec features and mechanisms that are primarily targeted at the authentication of remote access users. You'll learn about XAUTH, which provides extended authentication for IPSec telecommuters by using authentication schemes such as RADIUS. MODECFG uses a push model to push attributes to the IPSec client.
- Deploying Cisco CallManager and Unity Devices
- Oct 14, 2005
- This chapter covers all the required tasks needed to add phones and gateways to a Cisco CallManager system. Four methods to add phones to the system are discussed: manual registration, Auto-registration, BAT, and TAPS.
- Cisco CallManager Express VoIP Call Processing Features
- Jul 15, 2005
- In this chapter, you'll read about some of the more popular Cisco CME phone and call processing features. You will see examples of how these features can be configured and combined to provide a rich and flexible set of functions. You will also see how to configure call transfer and forwarding functions in a variety of network scenarios.
- Mobile IP Technology and Applications
- Jul 8, 2005
- This chapter highlights the major concepts of IOS Mobile IP configuration in a simple lab topology. It presents in detail the most important concepts in IOS Mobile IP configuration. We start out by using six routers to examine each component individually. Several alternatives requiring fewer routers are presented at the end of the chapter.
- Troubleshooting Any Transport over MPLS Based VPNs
- Jun 10, 2005
- MPLS Layer 3 VPNs allow a service provider to provision IP connectivity for multiple customers over a shared IP backbone, while maintaining complete logical separation of customer traffic and routing information. Learn more about MPLS Layer 3 VPNs in this sample chapter from Cisco.
- Planning for Cisco IP Telephony
- May 6, 2005
- This chapter provides the tasks and best practices involved in the planning phase of the IPT deployment, using an imaginary company "XYZ, Inc." to demonstrate how this planning can be tailored to the unique needs of your business.
- Understanding High Availability of IP and MPLS Networks
- Jan 14, 2005
- This chapter describes major sources of network failures and provides an overview of techniques that are commonly used to improve availability of IP/MPLS networks. In particular, this chapter outlines mechanisms for reducing network downtime due to control-plane failures.