- Designing and Deploying Cisco Unified IM and Presence
- Feb 25, 2016
- This chapter describes the Cisco Unified Communications IM and Presence (IM&P) architecture and design.
- Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: Campus Network Architecture
Richard Froom, Erum Frahim
- Jun 4, 2015
- This chapter from Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP SWITCH 300-115) covers implementing VLANs and trunks in campus switched architecture, understanding the concept of VTP and its limitation and configurations, and implementing and configuring EtherChannel.
- Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: Network Design Fundamentals
Richard Froom, Erum Frahim
- Jun 1, 2015
- This chapter from Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP SWITCH 300-115) begins the journey of exploring campus network design fundamentals by focusing on a few core concepts around network design and structure and a few details about the architecture of Cisco switches.
- Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: Fundamentals Review
Richard Froom, Erum Frahim
- May 27, 2015
- This chapter from Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP SWITCH 300-115) covers the following basic switching topics as a review to CCNA: hubs and switches, bridges and switches, switches of today, broadcast domains, MAC addresses, the basic Ethernet frame format, basic switching function, VLANs, the Spanning Tree Protocol, trunking, port channels, and multilayer switching (MLS).
- OSPF Implementation
Diane Teare, Rick Graziani, Bob Vachon
- Feb 3, 2015
- This chapter from Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP ROUTE 300-101) examines the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) Protocol, one of the most commonly used interior gateway protocols in IP networking.
- CCNP Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide: Configuration of Redistribution
Scott Empson, Patrick Gargano, Hans Roth
- Jan 21, 2015
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide provides information about redistribution topics.
- Troubleshooting Methods for Cisco IP Networks
- Jan 14, 2015
- This chapter from Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP TSHOOT 300-135) defines troubleshooting and troubleshooting principles. Next, six different troubleshooting approaches are described. The third section of this chapter presents a troubleshooting example based on each of the six troubleshooting approaches.
- CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide: Switch Port Configuration
- Dec 18, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide presents the various Ethernet network technologies used to establish switched connections within the campus network and also details the switch commands required for configuring and troubleshooting Ethernet LAN ports.
- CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide: Troubleshooting Device Performance
Raymond Lacoste, Kevin Wallace
- Dec 9, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide discusses common reasons for high CPU and memory utilization on routers and switches, in addition to how we can recognize them. This chapter also covers interface statistics because they sometimes provide the initial indication of some type of issue.
- Fundamental EIGRP Concepts
- Nov 26, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Official Cert Guide covers EIGRP fundamentals, EIGRP neighborships, and neighborships over WANs.
- CCNP Security VPN: Advanced Easy VPN Authorization
- Nov 12, 2012
- This chapter enables you to prepare for the deployment of an advanced authorization scheme for your remote users, allowing you to control the level of access granted to them based on such information as their internal department, username, IP address, and so on, using the familiar local group policies that are configured on the ASA device.
- CCNP Security Firewall Cert Guide: Configuring ASA Interfaces
Anthony Sequeira, Frankena, Dave Garneau
- Oct 24, 2012
- This chapter covers the following topics from the 642-618 exam objectives: Configuring Physical Interfaces, Configuring VLAN Interfaces, Configuring Interface Security Parameters, Configuring the Interface MTU, and Verifying Interface Operation.
- Deploying Cisco ASA AnyConnect Remote-Access SSL VPN Solutions
- Oct 19, 2012
- This chapter shows how to deploy and manage client-based Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private networks (VPN) on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) as the VPN gateway using AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client software.
- CCNP Wireless: QoS for Wireless Applications
- Oct 18, 2012
- This chapter introduces the concepts of wireless Quality of Service and their related configuration in preparation for the 642-742 IUWVN exam.
- CCNP Wireless Quick Reference: How to Collect Information for the Wireless Site Survey
- Jun 13, 2012
- Conducting a wireless site survey is the final step of a carefully planned journey. This chapter helps you prepare for this site survey by listing the pieces of information that you need to collect before meeting your customer and planning the survey itself.
- CCNP: Troubleshooting OSPF
- Nov 14, 2011
- In this article, Anthony Sequeira discusses basic troubleshooting steps for the complex, link-state routing protocol Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- To Route or Not to Route: A Day in the Life of a Router
- Aug 31, 2011
- A lot goes into the decision process regarding routing, and it happens long before a packet arrives at the router for its turn to be forwarded. In this article, the author takes a close look at a day in the life of the router.
- What Happens in the VLAN Stays in the VLAN
- Aug 31, 2011
- This article discusses discover the secrets of the VLAN and why it is a critical tool in todays networks.
- Working with Protocol Analyzers and Related Certifications
- Aug 30, 2011
- Ed Tittel, creator of the Exam Cram series, discusses the current network protocol analyzers that any real expert needs to know. Who exactly counts as an "expert?" Ed also sorts out which of the many available certifications are really useful in identifying true masters of protocol analysis.
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CCNP Voice): Examining Remote-Site Redundancy Options
- Aug 25, 2011
- This chapter provides an overview of the different options with remote-site redundancy in CUCM multisite installations.