Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Building Scalable Cisco Networks
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Click on "Downloads" for a free supplemental chapter to the Building Scalable Cisco Networks book.
- Based upon the OFFICIAL Cisco Systems Training—Teaches you how to design, configure, maintain, and scale routed networks that are growing in size and complexity.
Material is based upon.
- Strong Classroom Adoption Record—One of four new courses recommended by Cisco for Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) preparation.
Helping instructors prepare students for job and certification needs.
- Applies to CCNP Certification—One of the four Cisco-recommended training coursebooks for CCNP Routing Exam #640-603.
Providing the areas of study essential to passing the Routing Exam #640-603.
- Written by an Instructor and the Course Developer—Catherine Paquet is a Senior Network Architect with Global Knowledge Network (Canada), Inc., Cisco's largest worldwide training partner. There she provides consulting and training services to customers in North America and Europe. She was also a member of the team at Cisco Systems that developed the Building Scalable Cisco Networks (BSCN) instructor-led course.
Provides unique, first hand insight to the topics that need to be mastered.
- Copyright 2000
- Dimensions: 7.375 X 9.125
- Pages: 700
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-228-3
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-228-2
Cisco authorized self-study book for CCNP Routing foundation learning
- Understand the principles of classful and classless routing and the difference between link-state and distance vector protocol behavior
- Select and configure the appropriate services for simplifying IP address management at branch offices by proper address allocation and summarization
- Implement the appropriate technologies for a scalable, routed network that uses link-state protocols and redistribution
- Configure edge routers to properly interconnect to a BGP network through either a single or multihomed interconnection
- Control and optimize routing update information by implementing filters, metrics, and policy-based routing and changing administrative distance
- Examine case studies that show you how to build a scalable internetwork including multiple routing protocols
Building Scalable Cisco Networks is a Cisco authorized self-paced learning tool. It teaches you how to design, configure, maintain, and scale routed networks that are growing in size and complexity. This book focuses on using Cisco routers connected in LANs and WANs typically found at medium to large network sites. Whether you are preparing for CCNP or CCDP certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of the products, services, and policies that help you control traffic over LANs and WANs and connect your network to Internet service providers, you will benefit from the comprehensive foundation information presented in this book.
In Building Scalable Cisco Networks you will study a broad range of technical details on topics related to routing, including routing principles, IP addressing issues such as variable-length subnet masks (VLSMs), route summarization, and protocol redistribution. The routing protocols Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) are investigated in detail. Configuration examples and sample verification output demonstrate troubleshooting techniques, and a case study is used throughout the book to review key concepts and to discuss critical issues surrounding network operation. Chapter-ending configuration exercises and review questions illustrate and help solidify the concepts presented in the book. This in-depth information on Cisco Routing exam topics will start you down the path for attaining your CCNP or CCDP certification.
This book covers all the topics on the CCNP BSCI exam #640-901, except for IS-IS. A free download of an IS-IS supplement is available on the Cisco Press website that will make coverage of the BSCI exam topics complete. To download the IS-IS supplement, go to www.ciscopress.com/ccnp.
Building Scalable Cisco Networks is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that can include simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Download - 1.03 MB - BSCN Supplement Chapter: Configuring IS-IS Protocol
Download - 15.4 KB Addendum D - Summary of BSCN Router Commands
Download - 20.7 KB Addendum G - Answers to the Review Questions
Download - 29.6 KB Addendum H - Configuration Exercise Equipment Requirements and Backbone Configurations
Download - 20.9 Addendum I - Glossary
Online Sample Chapters
Table of Contents
I. SCALABLE INTERNETWORKS.1. Routing Principles.
2. Extending IP Addresses.
II. SCALABLE ROUTING PROTOCOLS.3. Configuring OSPF in a Single Area.
4. Interconnecting Multiple OSPF Areas.
5. Configuring EIGRP.
6. Configuring Basic Border Gateway Protocol.
7. Implementing BGP in Scalable Networks.
III. CONTROLLING SCALABLE INTERNETWORKS.8. Optimizing Routing Update Operation.
9. Implementing Scalability Features in Your Internetwork.
IV. APPENDIXES.Appendix A: Job Aids and Supplements.
Appendix B: Router Password Recovery Procedure.
Appendix C: Summary of ICND Router Commands.
Appendix D: Summary of BSCN Router Commands.
Appendix E: Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Reference Model.
Appendix F: Common Requests For Comments.
Appendix G: Answers to the Review Questions.
Appendix H: Configuration Exercise Equipment Requirements and Backbone Configurations.
Appendix I: Glossary.
Appendix J: Index.
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNP ISCW Portable Command Guide
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99
- CCNP Support Exam Certification Guide
- Book $39.96