Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCNP Self-Study: Building Cisco Remote Access Networks (BCRAN), 2nd Edition
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Text developed from an exclusive access to course from Cisco Systems.
Ensures comprehensive coverage of the new CCNP BCRAN 642-821 exam released in 2003 with information from the source-available to NO OTHER PUBLISHER.
- NEW - Content based on new course and exam.
Provides students with up to date coverage of network technologies they will face.
- Scenarios and case studies.
Put learning into a real-world context.
- Review questions in each chapter.
Students can measure their retention and comprehension of chapter topics.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 624
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-148-6
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-148-7
Cisco authorized self-study book for CCNP 642-821 remote access foundation learning
Prepare for the CCNP BCRAN exam 642-821 with a Cisco authorized self-study guide. This book teaches you how to:
- Identify Cisco solutions for remote-access needs
- Use AAA to scale access control in an expanding network
- Configure asynchronous connections to a central site with modems
- Configure PPP and control network access with PAP and CHAP
- Use ISDN and DDR connections to enhance connectivity
- Optimize the use of DDR interfaces
- Establish dedicated Frame Relay connections and control traffic flow
- Enable backup to permanent connections
- Manage network performance with queuing and compression
- Scale IP addresses with Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Use broadband to access a central site
- Use VPNs to secure remote-access networks
CCNP Self-Study: Building Cisco Remote Access Networks (BCRAN), Second Edition, is a Cisco authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCNP remote access foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to build, configure, and troubleshoot a remote-access network to interconnect central sites to branch offices, small offices, and home offices. This book arms you with skills necessary to describe, configure, operate, and troubleshoot WAN and remote-access solutions.
This comprehensive guide presents detailed information and easy-to-grasp tutorials on the implementation, operation, planning, design, and troubleshooting of modern WAN technologies. Using this book, you learn how to control access using basic authentication and authorization configurations, how to maximize bandwidth utilization over the remote links, and how to set up virtual private networks (VPNs) using IPSec. Each chapter opens with a list of objectives to help focus your study. Figures, tables, examples, and command summaries appear throughout to help explain theories, commands, and setup sequences. Step-by-step configuration instructions make enabling the various technologies easy. Key terms are highlighted and defined throughout for simple reference and review. Finally, each chapter concludes with a summary to help review key concepts and review questions to reinforce your understanding of what was covered.
Whether you are preparing for CCNP certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of WAN technology deployment, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
CCNP Self-Study: Building Cisco Remote Access Networks (BCRAN), Second Edition, is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press. Books in this series provide officially developed training solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 3.4 MB -- Chapter 1: WAN Technologies and Components
Table of Contents
1. WAN Technologies and Components.
2. Using AAA to Scale Access Control in an Expanding Network.
3. Configuring Asynchronous Connections to a Central Site with Modems.
4. Configuring PPP and Controlling Network Access with PAP and CHAP.
5. Using ISDN and DDR Technologies to Enhance Remote Connectivity.
6. Optimizing the Use of DDR Interfaces.
7. Establishing a Dedicated Frame-Relay Connection and Controlling Traffic Flow.
8. Enabling a Backup for a Primary Connection.
9. Managing Network Performance with Queuing and Compression.
10. Scaling IP Addresses with Network Address Translation.
11. Using Broadband to Access the Central Site.
12. Using (VPNs) to Secure Remote Access Networks.
Download - 259 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNP ISCW Portable Command Guide
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99
- CCNP Support Exam Certification Guide
- Book $39.96