Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCNP Support Exam Certification Guide
- Your Price: $39.96
- List Price: $49.95
- We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.
The official study guide for Support exam #640-606
Click "Downloads" for the CD-ROM’s ExamGear software replacement setup file
- The only Cisco Systems-endorsed study guide for the Cisco Support Exam #640-606—No other books are either reviewed or approved for use in CCNP study by Cisco Systems, the creators of the course and exam.
Students are better prepared for the certification exam by learning from the only reliable source.
- Reviews of all concepts covered on the exam for diagnosing, isolating and resolving network problems.
Prepares students and ensures that they do not need to go to a secondary source for further study prior to sitting for the exam.
- Extensive use of quizzes, practice questions and scenarios.
Provides a large resource of progressional testing to insure material comprehension.
- Test bank—Over 200 questions on the CD-ROM. Enables users to practice and review concepts in a simulated test environment.
Allows for identification of areas for further study and builds confidence in material comprehension.
- Copyright 2000
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7357-0995-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7357-0995-9
The official self-study test preparation guide for the CCNP Support exam
Coverage of all CCNP Support exam topics enables you to identify and improve your knowledge gaps before the exam date. You'll learn to:
- Utilize various support resources, including network media test equipment, network monitors, protocol analyzers, CiscoWorks software, simulation and modeling tools, and Cisco.com
- Identify data link layer troubleshooting targets, analyze show command output, and examine connection sequences for TCP/IP, IPX, and AppleTalk environments
- Apply troubleshooting tools such as Debug and Logging, and understand internal router operations, reachability testing, and troubleshooting commands appropriate for performance degradation and crash cases
- Isolate and correct network failures in TCP/IP, IPX, and AppleTalk environments
- Troubleshoot Catalyst 5000 switches by understanding Catalyst LEDs, Trunking, VTP, Catalyst show commands, and common router problems in interVLAN routing environments
- Manage Frame Relay and ISDN BRI connections with special sets of show and debug commands
CCNP Support Exam Certification Guide is a comprehensive self-study tool for the CCNP Support exam, which tests your ability to diagnose, isolate, and correct network failures and performance problems. Written by a certified Cisco Systems(r) instructor who teaches the Cisco(r) Internetwork Troubleshooting (CIT) course on a regular basis, this book covers all the major topics on the CCNP Support exam, allowing you to master the exam concepts. In this comprehensive overview of network troubleshooting, you'll learn how to identify troubleshooting targets, use troubleshooting tools, and manage IP, IPX, AppleTalk, Catalyst(r), Frame Relay, and ISDN BRI connections.
Each chapter of CCNP Support Exam Certification Guide focuses your study and tests your knowledge of the subjects through specially designed assessment and study features. "Do I Know This Already?" quizzes assess your knowledge and help you decide how much time you need to spend on each section within a chapter. The well-organized Foundation Topics sections detail all the exam topics you need to master. Each chapter includes a Foundation Summary section that highlights essential concepts for quick reference. Challenging chapter-ending review questions and exercises test your knowledge of the subject matter, reinforce key concepts, and provide you with the opportunity to apply what you've learned in the chapter. In addition, a final chapter of scenarios pulls together concepts from all the chapters to ensure you can apply your knowledge in a real-world environment. Finally, the companion CD-ROM's robust testing engine enables you to take practice exams that mimic the real testing environment, focus on particular topic areas, randomize answers for reusability, track your progress, and refer to electronic text for review.
CCNP Support Exam Certification Guide is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that can include simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
This companion CD-ROM contains a test bank with over 200 practice questions.
Replacement Setup file for the CD-ROM’s ExamGear software
This program installs CCNP Support Certification Guide Companion on your computer and provides full access to the Support exam question database.
Download - 8.26 MB -- Setup.exe
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
1. Support Resources for Troubleshooting.
2. Understanding Troubleshooting Methods.
3. Identifying Troubleshooting Targets.
4. Applying Cisco Troubleshooting Tools.
5. Diagnosing and Correcting Campus TCP/IP Problems.
6. Diagnosing and Correcting Novell Networking Problems.
7. Diagnosing and Correcting AppleTalk Problems.
8. Diagnosing and Correcting Catalyst Problems.
9. Troubleshooting VLANS on Routers and Switches.
10. Diagnosing and Correcting Frame Relay Problems.
11. Diagnosing and Correcting ISDN BRI Problems.
Appendix A: Answers to Quiz Questions.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options