Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 2nd Edition
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Your Price: $46.39
- List Price: $57.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2009
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-574-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-574-4
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-840-5
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-840-0
Authorized Self-Study Guide
Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH)
Foundation learning for ARCH exam 642-873
Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH), Second Edition, is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCDP® foundation learning. This book provides you with knowledge of the latest developments in network design and technologies, including network infrastructure, intelligent network services, and converged network solutions. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of issues and considerations for fundamental infrastructure services, including security, network management, QoS, high availability, bandwidth use optimization through IP multicasting, and design architectures for network solutions such as voice over WLAN and e-commerce.
Whether you are preparing for CCDP certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of modular campus and edge network design and strategic solutions for enterprise networks such as storage area networking, virtual private networking, advanced addressing and routing, and data centers, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH), Second Edition, is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Keith Hutton is a lead architect for Bell Canada in the enterprise customer space. Keith still retains his certified Cisco instructor accreditation, as well as the CCDP, CCNP®, and CCIP® certifications.
Mark Schofield has been a network architect at Bell Canada for the past six years. During the past five years, he has been involved in the design, implementation, and planning of large national networks for Bell Canada's federal government customers.
Diane Teare is a professional in the networking, training, project management, and e-learning fields. She has more than 20 years of experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting network hardware and software, and has been involved in teaching, course design, and project management.
- Learn about the Cisco SONA framework, enterprise campus architecture, and PPDIOO network life-cycle approach
- Review high availability designs and implement optimal redundancy
- Plan scalable EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP designs
- Implement advanced WAN services
- Evaluate design considerations in the data center core, aggregation, and access layers
- Design storage area networks (SANs) and extend the SAN with various protocols
- Design and tune an integrated e-commerce architecture
- Integrate firewall, NAC, and intrusion detection/prevention into your network design
- Design IPsec and SSL remote access VPNs
- Deploy IP multicast and multicast routing
- Incorporate voice over WLAN in the enterprise network
- Utilize the network management capabilities inherent in Cisco IOS® software
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press®. Books in this series provide officially developed self-study solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Category: Network Design
Covers: ARCH exam 642-873
Online Sample Chapter
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 2 and Index)
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: Cisco SONA and the Cisco Enterprise Architecture
Chapter 2: Enterprise Campus Network Design
Chapter 3: Developing an Optimum Design for Layer 3
Chapter 4: Advanced WAN Services Design Considerations
Chapter 5: Enterprise Data Center Design
Chapter 6: SAN Design Considerations
Chapter 7: E-Commerce Module Design
Chapter 8: Security Services Design
Chapter 9: IPsec and SSL VPN Design
Chapter 10: IP Multicast Design
Chapter 11: VoWLAN Design
Chapter 12: Network Management Capabilities with Cisco IOS Software
Appendix A: Answer to review questions
Appendix B: Glossary
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNP Collaboration Call Control and Mobility CLACCM 300-815 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $55.99