Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
End-to-End DSL Architectures
- Your Price: $44.79
- List Price: $55.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-364-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-364-1
Implement DSL end-to-end solutions for all six current DSL architectures
- All DSL varieties: U.S. and international varieties include ANSI and ITU standards as well as legacy and proprietary xDSL varieties, such as CAP
- Cisco DSL-related equipment that supports all the xDSL varieties and configurations in both Cisco IOS(r) Software and the graphical user interface Cisco DSL Manager (CDM) software
- All six architectures that implement DSL using TCP/IP, with in-depth discussion of the four most commonly-used architectures
- New standards and deregulation issues, including the ITU SHDSL standard and the evolving VDSL technology
- International regulatory and infrastructure issues, with measurements expressed for both U.S. and international audiences
- Common challenges and their solutions when deploying or migrating using xDSL, including voice-over-IP (VoIP) and multimedia traffic
- Using MPLS to move DSL-generated traffic through networks
- Bonus appendixes provide an overview of ATM as well as a tour of Cisco Long-Reach Ethernet (LRE)
Virtual private networks, firewall security, e-commerce applications, multiple voice lines, and e-learning programs: Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) can bring all of these services to even the smallest network at an affordable price. End-to-End DSL Architectures shows how DSL can save you time and money and, most importantly, give you a competitive edge. Your primer and guide to all things DSL, this book is written for both U.S. and international audiences and builds on your basic knowledge of internetworking and TCP/IP to evaluate and compare all six TCP/IP architectures for DSL.
In addition to addressing the fundamentals of DSL technology and offering guidance for planning future network evolution for a new or legacy DSL network, this book tells you what you really need to know, posing real-life challenges and explaining how to overcome common obstacles to implementation. To help you remember key concepts, each chapter of End-to-End DSL Architectures contains challenging, chapter-ending review questions that test your knowledge of the subject matter. A uniquely thorough glossary provides a concise yet full reference that is critical for sorting through the abbreviations and variations of DSL technology.
Whether you are searching for a comprehensive reference to DSL standards and equipment or require an end-to-end solutions guide for xDSL architecture, End-to-End DSL Architectures is your complete solution for implementing DSL technology anywhere in the world, in absolutely any network-but especially in your own.