Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Fundamentals of Java Programming Companion Guide (Cisco Networking Academy Program)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Chapter Objectives and Pedagogy—Each chapter begins with clearly defined objectives. Definitions, descriptions, examples and graphical presentations supports these objectives throughout the chapter.
Provides the instructor and the student with an outline of the chapter focus and pedagogy features throughout the chapter to aid in classroom student learning, retention and understanding.
- Maps to Web-based course —Print products will map to the current version of the Web-based course.
Provides the student and the instructor with an integrated textbook companion to strengthen classroom learning.
- Chapter Structure Designed to Reinforce Concepts—Chapter summaries, review questions, and answers included within each chapter. Answers to review questions are found in the appendixes, along with a glossary of key terms used throughout the text.
Reinforces concepts and helps the student evaluate their understanding before moving on to new material.
- Interactive CD-ROM—The book content as well as interactive media activities will be included on a CD-ROM to complement the Companion Guide.
Builds upon the classroom and Web-based learning experience providing the student with additional hands-on electronic activities.
- Only Cisco-Approved Study Materials for the Networking Academy Course—Cisco Press is the only publisher endorsed and recommended by Cisco Systems.
Provides the instructor and the student with the confidence that the same individuals who developed the Web-based course have reviewed and recommended the text from Cisco Press.
- Copyright 2004
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-58713-089-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-089-2
The only authorized textbook for the Cisco Networking Academy Program
Unique features within this text include:
- Close alignment with the online Java programming curriculum, helping students enhance their classroom learning experience
- Emphasis on teaching students to use the Java technology to solve business problems through the use of hands-on exercises
- Chapter objectives that provide references to the concepts covered in each chapter, and an extensive glossary that lists key terms and definitions
- Clearly marked references to worksheets and lab activities in the corresponding Lab Companion text
- Review questions at the end of each chapter that track progress and aid studying
- Accompanying CD-ROM that includes exclusive materials developed by the Networking Academy that you won't find in any other book: e-Lab Activities, more than 340 practice questions with a customizable test engine, BlueJ tutorials, Java 1.4 SDK versions, and documents of Java code examples used throughout the course
Cisco Networking Academy Program Fundamentals of Java Programming Companion Guide is the Cisco approved textbook that supplements the Sun Microsystems-sponsored Cisco Networking Academy(r) Program web-based curriculum. Java is a popular, multiplatformed, object-oriented programming language that focuses on object manipulation and interaction rather than programming logic (like C, C++). The in-depth coverage in this guide provides students with the necessary knowledge to help them prepare for the Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform and employment as Java programmers. The Companion Guide introduces students to object-oriented programming, language fundamentals, and the Java Application Programming Interface (API). Students will learn how to create classes, objects, and applications and use the Java language's object-oriented technologies to solve business problems.
Cisco Press is a collaboration between Cisco Systems(r), Inc., and Pearson Education that is charged with developing high-quality, cutting-edge educational and reference products for the networking industry. The products in the Cisco Networking Academy Program series are designed to prepare students for careers in the exciting networking field. These products have proven to be strong supplements to the web-based curriculum and are the only print companions that have been reviewed and endorsed by Cisco Systems for Cisco Networking Academy Program use.
Companion Titles for Fundamentals of Java Programming: Cisco Networking Academy Program Fundamentals of Java Programming Lab Companion ISBN: 1-58713-090-4
Cisco Networking Academy Program Fundamentals of Java Programming Engineering Journal and Workbook ISBN: 1-58713-101-3
Titles for Fundamentals of UNIX: Cisco Networking Academy Program Fundamentals of UNIX Companion Guide ISBN: 1-58713-044-0
Cisco Networking Academy Program Fundamentals of UNIX Lab Companion ISBN: 1-58713-045-9
Title for IT Essentials I: Cisco Networking Academy Program IT Essentials I: PC Hardware and Software Companion Guide ISBN: 1-58713-092-0
This companion CD-ROM contains Java programming practice questions, interactive e-Lab Activities, BlueJ tutorials, Java 1.4 SDK versions, and documents of Java code examples used throughout the course.
This book is part of the Cisco Networking Academy Program Series from Cisco Press(r). The products in this series support and complement the Cisco Networking Academy.
Table of Contents
1. Fundamentals of Java Programming Language.
2. Object-Oriented Programming.
3. Java Language Elements.
4. Java Language Operators and Control Structures.
5. Basics of Defining and Using Classes.
6. System, Strings, String Buffer, Math and Wrapper Classes.
8. Classes and Inheritance.
9. Understanding Packages.
10. Creating GUI.
11. Creating Applets and Graphics.
13. Streams, Files and Stream output.
14. Utility classes.