Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Network Design and Case Studies (CCIE Fundamentals), 2nd Edition
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 1999
- Dimensions: 7.375 X 9.125
- Pages: 1056
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-167-8
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-167-4
Authorized preparation materials for CCIE candidates.
- Prepare for the CCIE lab exam while mastering essential protocols and technologies
- Learn new design and configuration strategies for ATM, IP multicasting, network management, switching architectures, CIP, and network security
- Implement practical networking techniques to build scalable, reliable, and secure networks
- Learn to identify key technologies and appropriate implementations for your internetwork design
- Isolate and solve problems easier with detailed configuration examples and case studies
Cisco CCIE Fundamentals: Network Design and Case Studies, Second Edition offers a comprehensive collection of updated configuration scenarios and design recommendations. By reading this book, you will gain insight into the implementation of practical internetworking strategies, identify features and capabilities of routers and switches, and begin the process of mastering the technologies and protocols necessary to become an effective Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).
This two-part book is the compilation of design and configuration examples authored and previously released by Cisco Systems. Numerous subject matter experts have revised and restructured each chapter and added coverage of several new topics.
The design guide portion of this book is intended to support the network engineer who designs and implements router-based or switched internetworks. Practical design recommendations include coverage of large-scale networks with IGPs and BGP, ATM, APPN, DLSw+, DDR, ISDN, LAN switching, multicast networks, and more. The case study portion of this book presents real-world configurations that complement the design material. Implementation and troubleshooting advice is offered for EIGRP and OSPF redistribution, ATM, DDR, ISDN, network security, and HSRP.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide Library
- Book $47.99