This chapter covers the following topics:
H.323 Settings: Explains the H.323 settings for the Cisco Expressway.
SIP and Domain Settings: Explains how to apply required SIP and domain settings for the Cisco Expressway.
Protocol Interworking on the Cisco Expressway: Focuses on interworking of H.323 and SIP signaling protocols via the Cisco Expressway.
Verifying Registration on the Cisco Expressway: Spotlights the registration process and verification of registration to the Cisco Expressway.
This chapter focuses on the initial configurations needed for the Cisco Expressway. It covers both the H.323 and SIP settings and includes interworking on the Expressway. You will also confirm these settings with the verification of registration.
This chapter covers the following objectives from the Implementing Cisco Collaboration Cloud and Edge Solutions (CLCEI) exam 300-820:
1.4.a Describe protocol interworking on the Expressway: SIP <-> H.323
1.4.b Describe protocol interworking on the Expressway: IPv4 and IPv6
“Do I Know This Already?” Quiz
The “Do I Know This Already?” quiz enables you to assess whether you should read this entire chapter thoroughly or jump to the “Exam Preparation Tasks” section. If you are in doubt about your answers to these questions or your own assessment of your knowledge of the topics, read the entire chapter. Table 3-1 lists the major headings in this chapter and their corresponding “Do I Know This Already?” quiz questions. You can find the answers in Appendix A, “Answers to the ‘Do I Know This Already?’ Quizzes and Review Questions.”
Table 3-1 “Do I Know This Already?” Section-to-Question Mapping
Foundation Topics Section
SIP and Domain Settings
Protocol Interworking on the Cisco Expressway
Verifying Registration on the Cisco Expressway
1. Registration, Admission, and Status (RAS), which is used between an H.323 endpoint and a gatekeeper to provide address resolution and admission control services, uses which ITU-T recommendation?
2. Which of the following is considered a SIP URI? (Choose three.)
3. Which of the following is not an H.323 <-> SIP Interworking Mode setting on the Cisco Expressway?
4. Calls that utilize the interworking functionality are considered what type of call?
Rich Media Session
5. When registering an endpoint to the Cisco Expressway, what functions are the devices registering to? (Choose two.)
6. Which of the following are able to register to the Cisco Expressway? (Choose three.)