- Network Security First-Step: Firewalls
- Feb 8, 2012
- This chapter dissects a firewall’s duties to understand what makes a firewall operate and how it does its job.
- ZigBee Wireless Security: A New Age Penetration Tester's Toolkit
- Jan 9, 2012
- Brad Bowers takes a closer look at the ZigBee protocol, some of the attacks that have been leveraged against it, and the security tools that penetration testers can use.
- Functional Deployment Models and Call Flows for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal
- Jan 3, 2012
- This chapter discusses some of Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal's well-defined and commonly referenced functional deployment models.
- Connecting Non-802.1X Devices to an Enterprise Network
- Sep 27, 2011
- Whether you're an administrator or just a user of a Wi-Fi network secured with WPA/WPA2-Enterprise, you can learn from Eric Geier how to get non-802.1X computers and devices onto your network.
- Prevent Wi-Fi Eavesdroppers from Hijacking Your Accounts
- Sep 20, 2011
- Eric Geier shows you how to protect your privacy when logging on to online accounts that don't always use secure connections, like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and Amazon.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Platform Deployment
- Jul 27, 2011
- Set Up Multiple SSIDs and VLANs on a DD-WRT Router
- Jul 19, 2011
- DD-WRT is arguably the most popular firmware replacement or upgrade for select wireless routers. Eric Geier walks you through creating a second SSID, segregating it from the main SSID, making two of the LAN ports on the back of the router connect to just the new SSID, and leaving the other two LAN ports connected to the main SSID.
- Designing Voicemail Systems with Cisco Unity Connection
- Jul 14, 2011
- This chapter focuses on the Cisco Unity Connection product design and capabilities as they pertain to its various systems, database, and networking.
- Cisco Firewall Configuration Fundamentals
- Jul 8, 2011
- This chapter describes the configuration fundamentals for IOS and ASA-based firewalls, highlighting the similarities between the product families.
- Crafting the Test Approach
- May 11, 2011
- This chapter will begin to fill in the practical details of what is necessary to build an effective approach toward different types of test requests. It begins with a suggested approach for assessing and scoping a test project, and offers guidance and best practices.
- 2011 Collegiate Cyber Defense Challenge: Shaping the Cyber Warriors of Tomorrow
- May 2, 2011
- Brad Bowers provides an intriguing look into the 2011 Mid-Atlantic CCDC attack-and-defense competition for information technology students.
- Q&A with Shannon McFarland, Co-Author of IPv6 for Enterprise Networks
- Apr 15, 2011
- Meet the co-author of Cisco Press’s release, IPv6 for Enterprise Networks, a book dedicated to IPv6 deployment for the enterprise. Co-author Shannon McFarland discusses the focus of the book, what makes it unique, and why you have a lot of work to do.
- Deploying IPv6 in WAN/Branch Networks
- Apr 13, 2011
- This chapter provides and overview of WAN/branch deployment and also covers WAN/branch IPv6 deployment considerations, WAN/branch deployment over native IPv6, and includes an example of WAN/branch implementation.
- PKI Processes and Procedures
- Apr 1, 2011
- Several processes need to occur in a PKI network for a deployment to function smoothly. To address these processes, this chapter covers enrollment, Certificate Expiration and Renewal, Certificate Verification and Enforcement, and PKI Resiliency.
- Achieving Nomadicity: Accessing the Internet Anytime, Anywhere
- Mar 11, 2011
- This chapter explains the key concepts that make it possible for users and devices to gain access to IP networks and IP-based applications that are offered by others than their own operator.
- Firesheep, Fireshepherd, and Facebook: Understanding Session Hijacking
- Feb 22, 2011
- Mike Chapple shows you how web authentication makes session hijacking possible, how Firesheep exploits these vulnerabilities, and the measures that website administrators, web developers, and end users can take to protect against session hijacking attacks.
- Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) 5.2 and User Change Password (UCP)
- Feb 14, 2011
- This article teaches you how to use the User Change Password (UCP) service in Cisco ACS to allow users defined in the ACS internal database to first authenticate themselves and then change their own password.
- Q&A with the Authors of "AAA Identity Management Security"
- Feb 7, 2011
- The authors of AAA Identity Management Security discuss the book and its features.
- Cisco AAA Identity Management Security: Getting Familiar with ACS 5.1
- Feb 2, 2011
- ACS 5.1 has a completely different user interface from ACS 4.2. Throughout the course of this chapter you will become familiar with the GUI and know where different functions are located.
- Computer Incident Response and Product Security: Operating an Incident Response Team
- Dec 17, 2010
- This chapter covers aspects of running an incidence response team (IRT) such as team size, team member profiles, cooperating with other groups, preparing for incidents, and measuring success.