- Cisco Unified Wireless LAN Security Fundamentals
Jake Woodhams, Robert Marg, Jeff Smith
- Dec 3, 2010
- This chapter discusses the fundamentals of wireless LAN security in the context of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN).
- The Evolution of Evil: Changes in the Use of USB Devices as Delivery Mechanisms for Malicious Code
- Oct 7, 2010
- USB microcontrollers are small, capable of circumventing most malware detection software, and can deliver devastating payloads. Brad Bowers takes a closer look at this new attack vector and reveals some of the challenges IT security professionals face as the use of microcontrollers as an attack platform matures.
- Getting Owned: The USB Keystroke Injection Attack
- Oct 6, 2010
- What do you call a USB-based device that can bypass all AV and autorun policies? Although most would consider it a perfect mischievous attack vector, Hyundai has used it as a tool to build customer loyalty. This leaves Seth Fogie wondering: Are people are planning to maliciously use this technology?
- VoIP Deployment Models in Service Provider Networks
Adeel Ahmed, Habib Madani, Talal Siddiqui
- Oct 5, 2010
- This chapter gives you an understanding of how Voice over IP (VoIP) is deployed in service provider (SP) networks by describing a use case in which the VoIP infrastructure and the transport and the access are managed by an SP.
- Developing Network Security Strategies
- Oct 4, 2010
- To help you handle the difficulties inherent in designing network security for complex networks, this chapter teaches a systematic, top-down approach that focuses on planning and policy development before the selection of security products.
- Discovering the Upcoming Wi-Fi Direct Standard
- Aug 16, 2010
- See how you'll benefit from this new Wi-Fi standard. Eric Geier shows you how it compares with Bluetooth and the existing Wi-Fi ad-hoc networking. Plus you'll discover its downsides and negative impacts.
- Security in Tcl Scripts for Cisco IOS
Arvind Durai, Raymond Blair, John Lautmann
- Aug 10, 2010
- This chapter provides an introduction to PKI infrastructure and goes on to cover the use of digital signatures to sign a Tcl script, a scenario for Tcl script-failure, and scaling Tcl script distribution.
- CCNP ROUTE 642-902 Exam Foundation Learning: Implementing Path Control
- Aug 5, 2010
- This chapter covers implementing path control, focusing on understanding and implementing path control as well as advanced path control tools.
- WLAN Design: Range, Performance, and Roaming Considerations
- Aug 3, 2010
- This chapter provides insight and addresses important elements you should consider to avoid common problems when designing a wireless LAN.
- Configuration of Frame Mode MPLS
Frankena, Steve McQuerry, Andrew Whitaker
- Jul 28, 2010
- This chapter covers the background and configuration of frame mode Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
- Configuring the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
Brian Morgan, Shane Lisenbea, Michael Popovich
- Jul 27, 2010
- This chapter covers the client installation, configuration, basic and advanced features, and client-side troubleshooting of the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator.
- CCNP Wireless IUWMS Quick Reference: Implementing Location-Based Services
- Jul 20, 2010
- This chapter describes the location-tracking techniques used in providing location-based services — unique events tied to the physical location of an 802.11 device.
- Introduction to Cisco NX-OS
David Jansen, Kevin Corbin, Ron Fuller
- Jul 19, 2010
- This chapter provides an introduction and overview of NX-OS and a comparison between traditional IOS and NX-OS configurations and terminology.
- Analyzing the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture
Balaji Sivasubramanian, Erum Frahim, Richard Froom
- Jul 15, 2010
- This chapter introduces you to the concepts of enterprise campus designs, along with an implementation process that can ensure a successful campus network deployment.
- Cisco Data Center Virtualization Server Architectures
Roger Andersson, Silvano Gai, Tommi Salli
- Jul 1, 2010
- This chapter examines processor, memory, and I/O subsystems with particular reference to servers built according to the IA-32, often generically called x86 architecture.
- Network Security Auditing Tools and Techniques
- Jun 29, 2010
- This chapter discusses software tools and techniques auditors can use to test network security controls. Security testing as a process is covered, but the focus is on gathering the evidence useful for an audit.
- Recovering and Securing Your Wi-Fi Encryption Keys
- Jun 4, 2010
- Have you forgotten the WEP or WPA key or passphrase for your Wi-Fi? Eric Geier helps you discover how to recover or reset and secure your network password.
- CCDC and the Tale of the Insider Threat
- May 24, 2010
- Brad Bowers discusses the value of including the threat of insider attacks in Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC) events.
- Five Applications to Secure Your Wi-Fi Hotspot Connections
- May 13, 2010
- Don't risk eavesdroppers capturing your email, passwords, and other sensitive info! Eric Geier reviews five helpful apps that encrypt your wireless traffic.
- The Bad Guys from Outside: Malware
- Apr 29, 2010
- In this chapter, you'll learn how malware works and why it presents such a threat to the enterprise.