- Wireless is Calling - Will You Answer? Why Wireless Networking is a Promising Career Choice
- Jun 25, 2013
- David Hucaby shares his thoughts on why wireless engineering is a satisfying career choice, especially with new wireless capabilities rolling out all the time.
- ZigBee Wireless Security: A New Age Penetration Tester's Toolkit
- Jan 9, 2012
- Brad Bowers takes a closer look at the ZigBee protocol, some of the attacks that have been leveraged against it, and the security tools that penetration testers can use.
- Connecting Non-802.1X Devices to an Enterprise Network
- Sep 27, 2011
- Whether you're an administrator or just a user of a Wi-Fi network secured with WPA/WPA2-Enterprise, you can learn from Eric Geier how to get non-802.1X computers and devices onto your network.
- Set Up Multiple SSIDs and VLANs on a DD-WRT Router
- Jul 19, 2011
- DD-WRT is arguably the most popular firmware replacement or upgrade for select wireless routers. Eric Geier walks you through creating a second SSID, segregating it from the main SSID, making two of the LAN ports on the back of the router connect to just the new SSID, and leaving the other two LAN ports connected to the main SSID.
- Cisco Unified Wireless LAN Security Fundamentals
- Dec 3, 2010
- This chapter discusses the fundamentals of wireless LAN security in the context of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN).
- Discovering the Upcoming Wi-Fi Direct Standard
- Aug 16, 2010
- See how you'll benefit from this new Wi-Fi standard. Eric Geier shows you how it compares with Bluetooth and the existing Wi-Fi ad-hoc networking. Plus you'll discover its downsides and negative impacts.
- WLAN Design: Range, Performance, and Roaming Considerations
- Aug 3, 2010
- This chapter provides insight and addresses important elements you should consider to avoid common problems when designing a wireless LAN.
- Recovering and Securing Your Wi-Fi Encryption Keys
- Jun 4, 2010
- Have you forgotten the WEP or WPA key or passphrase for your Wi-Fi? Eric Geier helps you discover how to recover or reset and secure your network password.
- Five Applications to Secure Your Wi-Fi Hotspot Connections
- May 13, 2010
- Don't risk eavesdroppers capturing your email, passwords, and other sensitive info! Eric Geier reviews five helpful apps that encrypt your wireless traffic.
- Moving to WPA/WPA2-Enterprise Wi-Fi Encryption
- Apr 9, 2010
- Wi-Fi networks in businesses should be using the Enterprise mode of WPA or WPA2 encryption. Eric Geier shows you how to move from the Personal (PSK) mode to the Enterprise (RADIUS) mode.
- Securing Your Wi-Fi Hotspot Sessions
- Mar 30, 2010
- Eric Geier shares tips to keep your email, documents, and computer safe while using Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Deploying a Fast and Stable Wireless Mesh Network
- Dec 9, 2009
- This chapter provides practical tips and advice for deploying a fast and stable wireless mesh network.
- Creating a Hotspot Gateway with RouterOS
- Nov 2, 2009
- Eric Geier shows how to set up the integrated hotspot gateway with RouterOS.
- Tips on Setting Up and Hosting a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Oct 21, 2009
- Eric Geier shares tips on installing and operating a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Seven Troubleshooting Tips for Wireless N Networks
- Oct 1, 2009
- Are your wireless N connections not getting the speeds, performance, or range you hoped for? Eric Geier helps you get your money's worth.
- Tips to Secure Your Small Business Wi-Fi Network
- Jul 21, 2009
- Eric Geier presents twelve critical tips to consider when securing a small business wireless network.
- Tips to Secure Your Home Wi-Fi Network
- Jul 10, 2009
- Eric Geier points out important steps beyond encryption to secure your home Wi-Fi network.
- Ten Tips and Considerations on Upgrading to Wireless N
- Jun 1, 2009
- Eric Geier provides tips for making your upgrade to 802.11n worth the expense.
- Five Ways to Increase Your Wi-Fi Network's Range
- May 15, 2009
- Eric Geier shows ways to extend your wireless network, from things you can do without spending a dime to adding additional APs.
- Discovering More Ways to Share on Your Windows Network
- Oct 31, 2008
- Discover three must-have accessories for your network if you want to seriously share files, printers, and media.