Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Automating and Orchestrating Networks with NetDevOps
- By Ivo Pinto, Faisal Chaudhry
- Published Aug 1, 2023 by Cisco Press. Part of the Networking Technology series.
- Your Price: $38.39
- List Price: $47.99
- Estimated Release: Aug 1, 2023
- Includes EPUB and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2024
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-799718-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-799718-3
Master a holistic approach to NetDevOps—from concepts to practical implementation
This is your comprehensive, holistic, end-to-end practitioner's guide to all things NetDevOps: all you need to use NetDevOps techniques to enhance network agility, productivity, and value.
Enterprise networking pioneers Ivo Pinto and Faisal Chaudhry introduce NetDevOps' origins, components, advantages, shortcomings, use cases, and adoption challenges. Next, they drill down into NetDevOps CI/CD pipelines and testing, Jenkins automation, EVE-NG clientless multivendor network emulation, and more from a vendor-neutral perspective.
Automating and Orchestrating Networks with NetDevOps is for every network or cloud operator, administrator, engineer, architect, and developer who implements, manages, or maintains network infrastructure. You'll find everything from detailed syntax and reusable code examples to deployment best practices, culminating in a full walkthrough of building your own NetDevOps architecture. Throughout, review questions help you reinforce and verify your understanding. Whatever your background or environment, this guide will help you embark confidently on your own NetDevOps journey.
- Understand where NetDevOps excels (and where it doesn't)
- Explore the components of practical implementations, and how they fit together
- Plan for common challenges, decisions, and investments
- Implement efficient, automated CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins—with practical tooling and example code
- Use EVE-NG to create and configure virtual topologies for testing and verification
- Master proven NetDevOps architectural best practices from industry leaders
- Build your own architecture, step-by-step
- Address common use cases such as configuration changes and compliance verification
- Integrate NetDevOps with ChatOps, and interact with networks via Slack
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Why Do We Need NetDevOps? 1
Market Trends 1
Modern Networking Products 3
NetDevOps and Its Advantages 9
Review Questions 51
Chapter 2 Getting Started with NetDevOps 53
Use Cases 53
Decisions and Investments 78
Adoption Challenges 87
Review Questions 93
Chapter 3 How to Implement CI/CD Pipelines with Jenkins 95
Jenkins Architecture 95
Jenkins Installation 99
Accessing Jenkins on the Web for the First Time 109
Review Questions 153
Chapter 4 How to Implement NetDevOps Pipelines with Jenkins 157
Common Stages 157
Single-Operation Pipelines 178
Combined Pipelines 189
Review Questions 194
Chapter 5 How to Implement Virtual Networks with EVE-NG 197
What Is EVE-NG? 197
Use Case: Lab Using Cisco CSR 1000V 214
Use Case: External IP Connectivity for Lab Topology 225
APIs of EVE-NG 231
Review Questions 234
Chapter 6 How to Build Your Own NetDevOps Architecture 237
Applying Configuration Changes 237
Verifying Security Compliance Using ChatOps 262
Review Questions 272
Appendix A Answers to Chapter Review Questions 275
9780137997282, TOC, 6/6/2023
Other Things You Might Like
- Network Automation Made Easy
- Book $47.99