Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCIE Practical Studies, Volume II (CCIE Self-Study)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Lab Exercises and Scenarios.
Provides students hands-on experience and understanding of networking concepts.
- Aligned to Cisco certification exam objectives.
Better prepares students for the exam.
- Only Cisco Systems-approved materials of its kind.
Students gain knowledge from the source of the exams, courses, and technology.
- Hands-on experience aligned to exam environments.
Better prepares students for new simulation-based exam questions through implementation-based learning.
- Lab-building guidance.
- Teaches students how to assemble equipment, not just perform tasks on the equipment.
- Copyright 2004
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-072-2
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-072-5
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-294-6
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-294-1
Gain hands-on experience for the CCIE Lab Exam with volume two of the best-selling CCIE Practical Studies title from Cisco Press
- Experience putting concepts into practice with lab scenarios that guide you in applying what you know
- Learn how to build a practice lab for your CCIE lab exam preparation
- Take five full-blown practice labs that mimic the actual lab exam environment
CCIE Practical Studies, Volume II leads CCIE candidates through the process of preparing for the CCIE lab exam by presenting them with a series of challenging laboratory exercises. A perfect companion to the best-selling first edition, this book provides coverage of CCIE lab exam topics not covered in Volume I, like the Cisco Catalyst 3550, route maps, BGP, Multicast, and QoS. Combined with Volume I, the CCIE candidate will get comprehensive coverage of the routing and switching portions of the Routing and Switching, Security, and Service Provider lab exams.
The book begins with brief coverage of the core technologies required on the CCIE lab exam and includes suggested references for further reading. Laboratory exercises covering each of the core technologies follow, providing detailed guides to applying the technologies in real network settings. The final chapter of the book concludes with five hands-on lab exercises. These comprehensive practice labs include all of the technologies and gradually increase in difficulty level. They present readers with scenarios similar to what they will face on the actual lab exam. Study tips and test-taking techniques are included throughout the book.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 720 KB -- Chapter 2: Configuring Route Maps and Policy-Based Routing
Table of Contents
1: Configuring advanced on the Cisco Catalyst 3550 Switch.
2: Configuring Route-Maps and Policy-based Routing.
4: Performance Management.
5: QoS—IntServ and DiffServ.
6: QoS—Rate Limiting and Queueing Traffic.
7: BGP-4 Theory.
8: Introduction to BGP-4 Configuration.
9: Advanced BGP Configuration.
10: CCIE Preparation and Self Assessment.
Appendix A: IOS Limitations and Restrictions.
Appendix B: RFCs/References.
Appendix C: Bibliography.
Appendix D: IP Prefix Lists.
Download - 238 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2) (Authorized Self-Study Guide)
- eBook (Watermarked) $43.20
- Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 3rd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.00
- CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Quick Reference: Exam 350-001 v3.1
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.99