Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCNP Preparation Library (CCNP Self-Study)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
The titles in this library apply to exams that will retire in August 2003. Please visit www.ciscopress.com/ccnp to learn about the new exam offerings.
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 2500
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-131-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-131-9
Cisco authorized self-study books for CCNP foundation learning
Prepare for the CCNP certification exams with Cisco authorized self-study materials. You'll learn how to:
- Build and scale complex, routed networks. Simplify IP address management, minimize overhead traffic with access lists, and interconnect your network to ISPs with the Border Gateway Protocol.
- Build and manage switched campus networks offering a combination of Layer 2 and Layer 3 services.
- Improve IP performance, manage redundant links, implement multicast groups, and control network traffic in multilayer switched networks.
- Build, manage, and scale remote access networks. Assemble and cable WAN components, enable on-demand connections, enhance on-demand connectivity with ISDN and DDR, and manage permanent connections with X.25, Frame Relay backups, queuing, and compression.
- Support complex networks by isolating network failures and restoring proper operation. Apply a general problem-solving model to identify communication and configuration errors, and utilize diagnostic commands and tools to resolve problems with Cisco routers, Catalyst(r) switches, VLAN communication, Frame Relay, and ISDN BRI WAN technologies.
CCNP Preparation Library is a comprehensive self-study preparation package for the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) exams, the professional-level Cisco Career Certification for network support. The four books contained in this package, CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks, Building Cisco Remote Access Networks, and Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting, are Cisco authorized self-study learning tools. They present complete foundation coverage of all the topics found on the CCNP exams. Whether you are interested in preparing for the CCNP exams or you are simply interested in gaining a better understanding of intermediate-level routing, switching, remote access, and support topics, you will find these top-rate self-study guides to be an invaluable resource.
CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) teaches you how to design, configure, maintain, and scale routed networks that are growing in size and complexity. Updated to include over 100 pages of IS-IS protocol coverage, this book focuses on using Cisco routers connected in LANs and WANs typically found at medium-sized to large networks. Upon completion of this book you will be able to select and implement the appropriate Cisco IOS(r) services required to control traffic over LANs and WANs and connect your network to Internet service providers.
Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks teaches you how to build and manage campus networks using multilayer switching technologies over high-speed Ethernet. The book presents detailed information on how routing and switching technologies work together by defining Cisco recommended campus network design methodologies. You will receive an in-depth analysis of Layer 2 switching technologies, Layer 3 routing services provided in the campus network, and securing the switched campus network model.
Building Cisco Remote Access Networks teaches you how to design, configure, maintain, and scale a remote access network using Cisco products. This book helps you enable and enhance the on-demand connectivity of a branch office, small office, home office, or telecommuter site to a central site.
Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting teaches you how to perform fundamental hardware maintenance and troubleshooting on many different Cisco routers and switches. Divided into four sections-Troubleshooting Tools and Methodology, Routing and Routed Protocol Troubleshooting, Campus Switch and VLAN Troubleshooting, and WAN Troubleshooting-this book provides you with a systematic and logical approach to keep today's complex networks running smoothly.
CCNP Preparation Library is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that can include simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Other Things You Might Like
- Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 3rd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.00
- CCNP ISCW Portable Command Guide
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99
- CCNP Support Exam Certification Guide
- Book $39.96