Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCSP Self-Study: Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks (CSVPN), 2nd Edition
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Text developed from an exclusive access to course from Cisco Systems.
Ensures comprehensive coverage of the new CCSP CSVPN 642-511 Exam released in 2003 with information from the source-available to NO OTHER PUBLISHER.
- NEW - Content based on new course and exam.
Provides students with up to date coverage of network technologies they will face.
- Scenarios and case studies.
Put learning into a real-world context.
- Review questions in each chapter.
Students can measure their retention and comprehension of chapter topics.
- Copyright 2004
- Edition: 2nd
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-145-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-145-6
Cisco authorized self-study book for CCSP 642-511 foundation learning
- Understand the underlying principles of VPNs
- Learn about and identify proper implementation of remote access and site-to-site VPNs
- Identify the features, functions, and benefits of the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Series
- Configure and test a remote access VPN using preshared keys on the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator
- Work with the RIP and OSPF dynamic routing protocols
- Gain proficiency with the VPN Client Firewall
- Apply digital certificates on the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator
- Use the Cisco 3002 Hardware Client to configure and test a remote access VPN
- Implement advanced VPN client features such as load balancing, reverse route injection, and the appropriate use of backup servers
- Configure LAN-to-LAN VPNs on the Cisco 3000 Concentrator
- Offer granular user-level security with user and unit authentication
- Learn how to use VPN through NAT and resolve real-world implementation challenges
- Provide a sound level of support and administration skills for day-to-day management of a VPN 3000 Concentrator-based VPN by utilizing the tools resident in the Concentrator
CCSP Self-Study: Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks (CSVPN), Second Edition, is a complete reference for professionals who intend to work with virtual private networks (VPNs) using IPSec. It includes detailed coverage of the VPN 3000 Concentrator, a scalable remote access platform that offers encryption, high availability, and superior performance. In addition to acting as a valuable study aid for the CCSP CSVPN 642-511 exam, this book is an invaluable theory and configuration guide for the VPN 3000 series of products, with its thorough coverage of concentrators, hardware clients, and software clients.
CCSP Self-Study: Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks (CSVPN), Second Edition, is a Cisco authorized, self-paced learning tool that helps you gain mastery over all techniques and technologies related to Cisco Systems VPN products. Chapter overviews bring you quickly up to speed and prepare you to get to work on securing your network. Detailed configuration examples allow you to take advantage of Cisco VPN products in no time. Unique chapter-ending review questions reinforce key concepts and test your knowledge.
Whether you are seeking a reference guide to plan, administer, and maintain a VPN based upon the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator or are looking for a study guide for the 642-511 exam, CCSP Self-Study: Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks (CSVPN), Second Edition, is the reference you are looking for.
CCSP Self-Study: Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks (CSVPN), Second Edition, is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press. Books in this series provide officially developed training solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 828 KB -- Chapter 1: Network Security and Virtual Private Network Technologies
Table of Contents
1. Network Security and Virtual Private Network Technologies.
Network Security Overview. Network Security as a Continuous Process. Cisco AVVID. Cisco SAFE Blueprint. Overview of VPNs and IPSec Technologies. The Need for VPNs. IPSec. IPSec Protocol Framework. How IPSec Works. Summary. Review Questions.
2. Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Hardware Overview.
Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Models. VPN Clients. VPN Concentrator Configuration. VPN Concentrator Placement. Network Management Solutions. Summary. Review Questions.
3. Routing on the VPN 3000.
Routing Capabilities of the VPN Concentrator. Static Routing. Dynamic Routing. Summary. Review Questions.
4. Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 for Remote Access Using Preshared Keys.
Overview of Remote Access Using Preshared Keys. Initial Configuration of the VPN 3000 for Remote Access. Browser Configuration of the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Series. More In-Depth Group Configuration Information. Configuring the Windows VPN Software Client. Summary. Review Questions.
5. Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 for Remote Access Using Digital Certificates.
CA Overview. Certificate Generation. Validating Certificates. Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator for CA Support. CRLs. Configuring the Concentrator for a Remote-Access VPN with a Digital Certificate. Cisco Software VPN Client Certificate Support. Summary. Review Questions.
6. The Cisco VPN Client Firewall Feature.
Firewall Feature Overview. Are You There Feature. Stateful Firewall Feature. Central Policy Protection Feature. Software Client Firewall Statistics. Creating a Customized Firewall Policy. Summary. Review Questions.
7. Configuring the Cisco 3002 Hardware Client for Remote Access.
Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware Client Overview. Hardware Client Modes of Operation. Configuring the Cisco VPN 3002 with Preshared Keys. Overview of the Auto-Update Feature. Monitoring the Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware Client Software Auto-Update Feature. Summary. Review Questions.
8. Configuring the Cisco 3002 Hardware Client for User and Unit Authentication.
User and Unit Authentication Overview. Configuring the Hardware Client Interactive Unit Authentication Feature. Configuring the Hardware Client User Authentication Feature. Monitoring the Hardware Client User Statistics. Summary. Review Questions.
9. Configuring Cisco VPN Clients for Backup Server, Load Balancing, and Reverse Route Injection.
Cisco VPN Client Backup Server Feature. Configuring the Cisco VPN Client Load-Balancing Feature. Overview of the Cisco VPN Client Reverse Route Injection Feature. Summary. Review Questions.
10. Configuring the Cisco 3000 Concentrator for IPSec over TCP and UDP.
The IPSec and NAT Problem. Configuring IPSec over UDP. Configuring NAT-T. Configuring IPSec over TCP. Monitoring Session Statistics. Summary. Review Questions.
11. Configuring LAN-to-LAN VPNs on the Cisco 3000.
Overview of LAN-to-LAN VPNs. Configuring the VPN 3000 for a LAN-to-LAN VPN with Preshared Keys. Administration of LAN-to-LAN VPN Tunnels. Dealing with Multiple Subnets. Configuring the VPN 3000 for a LAN-to-LAN VPN with Digital Certificates. Summary. Review Questions.
12. Network Monitoring and Administration.
Monitoring on the VPN 3000. Administration of the VPN 3000. Bandwidth Management. Summary. Review Questions.
Troubleshooting VPNs. Troubleshooting Remote-Access VPNs. Troubleshooting Preshared Key LAN-to-LAN VPNs. Troubleshooting LAN-to-LAN CA-Based VPNs. Summary. Review Questions.
14. Case Study.
Overview of Acme Limited. VPN Concentrator Configuration. Summary.
Appendix A: Answers to the Review Questions.
Appendix B: Configuring movianVPN.
Download - 116 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $55.99