Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks
- By Andrew Mason
- Published Dec 18, 2001 by Cisco Press. Part of the Certification Self-Study series.
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Exam preparation for CSVPN exam #9E0-570
- Copyright 2002
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 416
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-033-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-033-6
Cisco authorized self-study book for CCSP VPN foundation learning
- Evaluate the features, functions, and benefits of Cisco VPN products
- Understand the component technologies that are implemented in Cisco VPN products
- Learn the procedures, steps, and commands required to configure and test IPSec in Cisco IOS Software and the Cisco PIX Firewall
- Install and configure the Cisco VPN client to create a secure tunnel to a Cisco VPN Concentrator and Cisco PIX Firewall
- Configure and verify IPSec in the Cisco VPN Concentrator, Cisco router, and Cisco PIX Firewall
- Enable interoperability among the Cisco VPN Concentrator, Cisco routers, and Cisco PIX Firewalls
- Apply scalability and advanced configuration features supported in the Cisco IPSec implementation
With the recent availability of high-speed Internet connections to the home and the continued move of workers out of central office locations (whether for travel, telecommuting, or branch office expansion), virtual private networks (VPNs) have become a critical part of corporate network architectures. VPNs use advanced encryption and tunneling to permit your organization to establish secure, end-to-end, private network connections over third-party networks, such as the Internet. This new networking paradigm not only adds to the efficiency of the corporate workforce, but it also saves money by leveraging third-party networks and allows you to scale your networks with greater ease.
Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks is a Cisco authorized self-paced learning tool. It is a comprehensive, results-oriented book designed to give you the knowledge you need to plan, deploy, and manage VPNs in your network environment. Beginning with an overview of VPNs and IPSec, the book introduces you to the Cisco(r) VPN family of products. It then delves into the details of configuring and troubleshooting IPSec site-to-site VPNs on Cisco IOS(r) routers and Cisco PIX(r) Firewalls using preshared keys and digital certificates. You learn how to install the VPN 3000 Concentrator and how to configure it for remote access using preshared keys and digital certificates. Monitoring and administration techniques are also presented. The book concludes with a discussion on the scalability solutions available for IPSec VPNs. Each chapter includes an explicit set of learning objectives and concludes with a set of review questions to assess your understanding of the material. Numerous examples are provided throughout, and detailed diagrams help clarify concepts presented in the text.
Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks provides you with a complete solution for designing, implementing, and managing Cisco VPN networks, helping you make the most efficient use of your VPN solution.
Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks is part of a recommended study program from Cisco Systems(r) that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press(r). Books in this series provide officially developed training solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
IPSec Overview Part Five: Security Associations
IPSec Overview Part Four: Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
IPSec Overview Part One: General IPSec Standards
IPSec Overview Part Three: Cryptographic Technologies
IPSec Overview Part Two: Modes and Transforms
Read an interview with Andrew Mason, courtesy of Help Net Security. Help Net Security's site receives more than 450,000 page views per month.
Online Sample Chapters
Configuring the Cisco PIX Firewall for CA Site-to-Site
Table of Contents
I. VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK FUNDAMENTALS.1. VPNs and VPN Technologies.
II. CISCO VPN FAMILY OF PRODUCTS.2. Cisco VPN Family of Products.
III. CISCO IOS VPNS.3. Configuring Cisco IOS Routers for Preshared Keys Site-to-Site.
4. Configuring Cisco IOS Routers for CA Site-to-Site.
5. Troubleshooting Cisco IOS VPNs.
IV. CISCO PIX FIREWALL VPNS.6. Configuring the Cisco PIX Firewall for Preshared Keys Site-to-Site.
7. Configuring the Cisco PIX Firewall for CA Site-to-Site.
8. Troubleshooting Cisco PIX Firewall VPNs.
V. CISCO VPN CONCENTRATOR VPNS.9. Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 for Remote Access Using Preshared Keys.
10. Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 for Remote Access Using Digital Certificates.
11. Monitoring and Administration of Cisco VPN 3000 Remote Access Networks.
VI. SCALING CISCO VPN SOLUTIONS.12. Scaling Cisco IPSec Virtual Private Networks.
Appendix A: Answers to Review Questions.
Download - 177 KB -- Index