Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Cisco Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Only Cisco Systems-approved materials of its kind.
Students gain knowledge from the source of the exams, courses, and technology.
- The only Cisco Systems-approved books for foundation learning for the Cisco certification exams.
Prepares students for the certification exam by learning from the only reliable source.
- Reviews of all concepts covered on the exam.
Prepares students and snsures that they do not need to go to a secondary source for further study prior to sitting for the exam.
- Extensive use of quizzes, practice questions and scenarios.
Provides a large resource of progression testing to insure material comprehension.
- Packed with case studies that foster an understanding of the application of the concepts.
Provides real-world examples to better show the application of theory in real-world environment.
- Copyright 2001
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-227-5
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-227-5
Authorized self-study guide for voice over data network foundation learning
This book will help you to:
- Configure Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, or IP using Cisco IOS(r) software
- Analyze existing voice hardware/software, and select the Cisco multiservice access devices that best serve your needs
- Analyze existing branch and regional office voice networks and services, and choose the optimum transmission method for voice traffic: Frame Relay, ATM, or IP
- Learn the fundamentals of VoFR, VoATM, and VoIP standards, protocols, and the Cisco hardware that supports these services
- Learn the basics of the Architecture for Voice, Video, and Integrated Data (AVVID) including CallManager, Cisco IP Phones, and related voice gateway equipment
- Design, configure, integrate, and optimize an enterprise network in remote branch and regional offices by using integrated access technology that combines voice and data transmission over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP connections, access devices, and CIPT client hardware
- Learn the fundamentals of PBXs, and apply the principles and concepts to develop a process for integrating Cisco equipment with PBXs and for replacing PBXs
Cisco Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP teaches you the Cisco solutions for voice technology (VoIP, VoFR, VoATM). This complete solutions guide helps you analyze existing voice hardware and software and select the Cisco multiservice access devices that best serve the needs of your network environment. In addition to learning how to design, configure, integrate, and optimize networks in remote branch and regional offices, this book also provides you with a fundamental understanding of PBXs, enabling you to develop a process for integrating Cisco equipment with or replacing PBXs.
Cisco Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP prepares you for voice and data integration by teaching you how to install and configure Cisco voice and data network routers; how to configure Cisco voice-enabled equipment for Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP; how to configure voice ports, dial peers, and special commands to enable voice transmission over a data network; and how to perform voice traffic analysis to determine how to improve the quality of service (QoS) for delay-sensitive voice traffic.
This book features actual router output and configuration examples to aid in the discussion of the configuration of these technologies. At the end of each chapter your comprehension is tested by review questions. Cisco Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP has all of the tools you need to vastly improve your understanding of the Cisco solution to voice networking needs.
Cisco Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP is part of a recommended self-study program from Cisco Systems(r) that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners, and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press(r). Books in this series provide officially developed self-study solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 196 KB -- Chapter 1: Merging Voice and Data Networks
Table of Contents
I. VOICE TECHNOLOGIES.1. Merging Voice and Data Networks.
Traditional Networks. New-World Networks. Cisco's Role in New-World Networking.2. Introduction to Analog Technology.
Telephone Call Setup and Completion. Telephone Set Components. Signaling. The Local Loop, Switches, and Trunks. 2- to 4-Wire Conversion and Echo.3. Introduction to Digital Voice Technology.
Digitizing Analog Signals. Digital Speech Interpolation. Telephone Voice Quality. Channel Signaling Types and Frame Formats. ISDN. Signaling System 7. Q.SIG Protocol.
II. CISCO PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS.4. Cisco Voice Hardware.
Cisco Voice Product Portfolio. Data/Voice Integration Routers. Data/Voice Integration Multiservice Routers. Access and Multiservice Product Line Overview for Data/Voice Integration. Large-Scale Data/Voice Multiservice Integration Routers.5. Applications for Cisco Voice-over Routers.
Placing Cisco Voice-Capable Routers in a Network. Cisco Voice Connection Types. Using Cisco Voice-Capable Router Applications.6. Setting Up Cisco Routers.
Setting Up a 2600 Router. Setting Up a 3600 Router. Setting Up an MC3810 Router. Setting Up an AS5300 Router.
III. CONFIGURING CISCO VOICE SOLUTIONS.7. Configuring Voice Ports and Dial Peers for Voice.
Configuring Voice Ports. Configuring Dial Peers. Monitoring, Testing, and Troubleshooting Commands.8. Configuring Cisco Routers for VoFR.
VoFR Basics. An Introduction to Cisco's Implementation of VoFR. Applying QoS to VoFR. Using VoFR Configuration Commands. Configuration Examples. Monitoring and Troubleshooting Commands.9. Configuring Cisco Routers for VoATM.
Introduction to ATM. Cisco VoATM Hardware. ATM VC Traffic Shaping. Using VoATM Configuration Commands. Monitoring and Troubleshooting Commands.10. Configuring Cisco Access Routers for VoIP.
Understanding IP Networks. Introduction to VoIP. Understanding Cisco VoIP. Configuring Cisco VoIP. Monitoring and Troubleshooting Commands.
IV. CHANGING VOICE TECHNOLOGIES11. Cisco IP Telephony Solutions: New-World Technology.
Reviewing Old-World Telephony. New-World Applications. Understanding AVVID.12. Old-World Technology: Introduction to PBXs.
Private Phone Systems. Virtual Private Networks. Understanding PBX Technology. Signaling Dynamics. PBX User and System-wide Features. PBX Applications.13. Network Design Guide.
Using Voice Versus Integrated Voice/Data Networks. The Network Design Process. Network Design Case Studies.
V. APPENDIXES.Appendix A: Answers to Review Questions.
Appendix B: Further Reading.
Traditional Telephony. Voice-over Technologies. Network Design, Routing, and Switching. Useful Web Sites.
Download - 161 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- Synchronizing 5G Mobile Networks
- Book $55.99
- Synchronizing 5G Mobile Networks
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.79
- CCNP Collaboration Call Control and Mobility CLACCM 300-815 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $55.99