Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Synchronizing 5G Mobile Networks
- Covers implementation and characterization of several 5G synchronization standards and deployment methods
- Presents case studies and design best practices straight from Cisco experts
- Explains complex topics in everyday terms, with everyday analogies, empowering synchronization neophytes without more jargon and math than necessary
- Copyright 2021
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-683625-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-683625-4
Failure to properly design, implement, and manage it can dramatically reduce mobile network efficiency, reliability and capacity. In 5G environments, time synchronization is even more important to mobile network service providers, and its also increasingly important to a wide array of emerging applications, from finance to IoT to media. Todays stringent clock accuracy and precision requirements demand deep knowledge and understanding of synchronization protocols, their behavior, and deployment requirements.
In Synchronizing 5G Mobile Networks, three leading Cisco mobile networking technology experts thoroughly address the implementation and characterization of several synchronization standards, presenting practical deployment methods, realistic case studies, and well-tested design best practices. They help engineers and network architects understand the definitions captured in todays synchronization standards and apply them to design deployable solutions.
The authors provide in-depth discussions of key synchronization protocols and profiles including: Synchronous Ethernet standards (G.8262, G.8262.1), 1588v2 Telecom profiles, Precision Time Protocol (PTP) profiles (G.8275.1, G.8275.2), PTP performance profile (G.8273.2), Time sensitive networking (IEEE 802.1CM), GPS or GNSS or PRTC requirements as part of G.8272.x, and security requirements for synchronization protocols. They evaluate the design principle of each profile and performance standard, explains its application in 5G Mobility and Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications (uRLLC), and help you choose right profiles or protocols for your environment. Detail sections cover network design and migration guidelines, test methodologies and operations and management practices, to help you successfully deploy time synchronization over converged IP networks.
Table of Contents
1. Why Synchronization and Timing?
2. Usage of Synchronization and Timing
3. Synchronization and Timing Concepts
4. Standards Development Organizations
5. Time Error and Noise
6. Physical Frequency Distribution
7. Precision Time Protocol
8. Mobile Timing Requirements
9. PTP Deployment Considerations
10. 5G Timing Solutions
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNP Collaboration Call Control and Mobility CLACCM 300-815 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $55.99
- Practical Cisco Unified Communications Security
- Book $55.99