Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Designing and Supporting Computer Networks, CCNA Discovery Learning Guide
- Your Price: $64.80
- List Price: $72.00
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 8-1/2" x 10-7/8"
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-287726-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-287726-8
Designing and Supporting Computer Networks
CCNA Discovery Learning Guide
Kenneth D. Stewart III¿•¿Aubrey Adams
Designing and Supporting Computer Networks, CCNA Discovery Learning Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Designing and Supporting Computer Networks course in the Cisco® Networking Academy® CCNA® Discovery curriculum version 4. In this course, the last of four in the new curriculum, you progress through a variety of case studies and role-playing exercises, which include gathering requirements, designing basic networks, establishing proof-of-concept, and performing project management tasks. In addition, within the context of a pre-sales support position, you learn lifecycle services, including upgrades, competitive analyses, and system integration.
The Learning Guide, written and edited by instructors, is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time.
The Learning Guide’s features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
- Chapter Objectives–Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key Terms–Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter. The Glossary defines each key term.
- Summary of Activities and Labs–Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Check Your Understanding–Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
- Challenge Questions and Activities–Apply a deeper understanding of the concepts with these challenging end-of-chapter questions and activities. The answer key explains each answer.
- Hands-on Labs–Master the practical, hands-on skills of the course by performing all the tasks in the course labs included in Part II of the Learning Guide.
- Portfolio Documents–Develop a professional network design portfolio as you work through real-life case studies. All the course portfolio documents and support materials are provided for you in this Learning Guide and on the CD-ROM.
How To–Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
Interactive Activities–Reinforce your understanding of topics with exercises from the online course identified throughout the book with this icon. The files for these activities are on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Packet Tracer Activities–Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer exercises interspersed throughout some chapters. The files for these activities are on the accompanying CD-ROM. Packet Tracer v4.1 software developed by Cisco is available separately.
Hands-on Labs–Master the practical, hands-on skills of the course by working through all 71 labs in this course included in Part II of the book. The labs are an integral part of the CCNA Discovery curriculum–review the core text and the lab material to prepare for all your exams.
The CD-ROM includes
- Interactive Activities
- Packet Tracer Activity files
- All Portfolio documents
- IT Career Information
- Taking Notes
- Lifelong Learning
This book is part of the Cisco Networking Academy Series from Cisco Press®. Books in this series support and complement the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum.
Table of Contents
Part I: Concepts
Chapter 1 Introducing Network Design Concepts
Chapter 2 Gathering Network Requirements
Chapter 3 Characterizing the Existing Network
Chapter 4 Identifying Application Impacts on Network Design
Chapter 5 Creating the Network Design
Chapter 6 Using IP Addressing in the Network Design
Chapter 7 Prototyping the Campus Network
Chapter 8 Prototyping the WAN
Chapter 9 Presenting and Implementing the Network Design
Chapter 10 Course Summary: Putting It All Together
Appendix A Check Your Understanding and Challenge Questions
Appendix B StadiumCompany Story
Appendix C FilmCompany Story
Part II: Labs
Chapter 1 Introducing Network Design Concepts: Labs
Chapter 2 Gathering Network Requirements: Labs
Chapter 3 Characterizing the Existing Network: Labs
Chapter 4 Identifying Application Impacts on Network Design: Labs
Chapter 5 Creating the Network Design: Labs
Chapter 6 Using IP Addressing in the Network Design: Labs
Chapter 7 Prototyping the Campus Network: Labs
Chapter 8 Prototyping the WAN: Labs
Chapter 9 Presenting and Implementing the Network Design: Labs
Chapter 10 Putting It All Together: Lab
Appendix A StadiumCompany Story
Appendix B FilmCompany Story
Appendix C Lab Equipment Interfaces and Initial Configuration Restoration
Other Things You Might Like
- Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials Companion Guide (CCNAv7)
- eBook (Watermarked) $57.60