Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Designing Network Security
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 1999
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-043-4
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-043-1
A practical guide to creating a secure network infrastructure
- Understand basic cryptography and security technologies
- Identify the threats and common attacks to a network infrastructure
- Learn how to create a security policy
- Find out how to recover from a security breach
- Study specific implementation scenarios for securing your network environment
Designing Network Security is a practical guide designed to help you understand the fundamentals of securing your corporate network infrastructure. This book takes a comprehensive look at underlying security technologies, the process of creating a security policy, and the practical requirements necessary to implement a corporate security policy.
You will gain a thorough understanding of basic cryptography, the most widely deployed security technologies, and some emerging security technologies. You will be able to guide the architecture and implementation of a security policy for a corporate environment by knowing possible threats and vulnerabilities and understanding the steps required to perform a risk management assessment. Through the use of specific configuration examples, you will learn to specify the features required in network infrastructure equipment to implement the given security policy, including securing the internal corporate infrastructure, Internet access, and the dial-in environment.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Table of Contents
I. SECURITY FUNDAMENTALS.1. Basic Cryptography.
2. Security Technologies.
3. Export Controls on Cryptography.
II. THE CORPORATE SECURITY POLICY.4. Threats in an Enterprise Network.
5. Considerations for a Site Security Policy.
6. Design and Implementation of the Corporate Security Policy.
7. Incident Handling.
III. PRACTICAL IMPLEMENTATION.8. Securing the Corporate Network Infrastructure.
9. Securing Internet Access.
10. Securing Dial-In Access.
IV. APPENDICES.Appendix A: Sources of Technical Information.
Appendix B: Reporting and Prevention Guidelines: Industrial Espionage and Network Intrusions.
Appendix C: Port Numbers.
Other Things You Might Like
- Cisco Software-Defined Access
- Book $47.99
- CCNP and CCIE Security Core SCOR 350-701 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $47.99