Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP, CCNA Discovery Learning Guide
- Your Price: $64.80
- List Price: $72.00
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 8-1/2" x 10-7/8"
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-287736-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-287736-7
Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP
CCNA Discovery Learning Guide
Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP, CCNA Discovery Learning Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP course in the Cisco® Networking Academy® CCNA® Discovery curriculum version 4.1. The course, the second of four in the new curriculum, teaches networking concepts by applying them to a type of network you might encounter on the job in a small-to-medium business or ISP. After successfully completing the first two courses in the CCNA Discovery curriculum, you can choose to complete the CCENT® (Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician) certification exam, which would certify that you have developed the practical skills required for entry-level networking support positions and have an aptitude and competence for working with Cisco routers, switches, and Cisco IOS® Software.
The Learning Guide, written and edited by instructors, is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time. In addition, the book includes expanded coverage of CCENT/CCNA exam topics.
The book’s features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
- Chapter Objectives—Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key Terms—Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter. The Glossary defines each key term.
- Summary of Activities and Labs—Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Check Your Understanding—Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
- Challenge Questions and Activities—Apply a deeper understanding of the concepts with these challenging end-of-chapter questions and activities. The answer key explains each answer.
- Hands-on Labs—Master the practical, hands-on skills of the course by performing all the tasks in the course labs and additional challenge labs included in Part II of the Learning Guide.
Allan Reid is the curriculum lead for CCNA and a CCNA and CCNP® instructor at the Centennial College CATC in Toronto, Canada.
Jim Lorenz is an instructor and curriculum developer for the Cisco Networking Academy.
How To—Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
Interactive Activities—Reinforce your understanding of topics with more than 30 different exercises from the online course identified through-out the book with this icon. The files for these activities are on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Packet Tracer Activities— Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer exercises interspersed throughout most chapters. The files for these activities are on the accompanying CD-ROM. Packet Tracer v4.1 software developed by Cisco is available separately.
Hands-on Labs—Master the practical, hands-on skills of the course by working through all 42 course labs and 3 additional labs included in this book. The labs are an integral part of the CCNA Discovery curriculum; review the core text and the lab material to prepare for all your exams.
**See instructions within the ebook on how to get access to the files from the CD-ROM that accompanies this print book.**
The CD-ROM includes
- Interactive Activities
- Packet Tracer Activity Files
- CCENT Study Guides
- IT Career Information
- Taking Notes
- Lifelong Learning
Table of Contents
Part I: Concepts
Chapter 1 The Internet and Its Uses
Chapter 2 Help Desk
Chapter 3 Planning a Network Upgrade
Chapter 4 Planning the Addressing Structure
Chapter 5 Configuring Network Devices
Chapter 6 Routing
Chapter 7 ISP Services
Chapter 8 ISP Responsibility
Chapter 9 Troubleshooting
Chapter 10 Putting It All Together
Part II: Labs
Chapter 1 Lab: The Internet and Its Uses
Chapter 2 Lab: Help Desk
Chapter 3 Lab: Planning a Network Upgrade
Chapter 4 Lab: Planning the Addressing Structure
Chapter 5 Lab: Configuring Network Devices
Chapter 6 Lab: Routing
Chapter 7 Lab: ISP Services
Chapter 8 Labs: ISP Responsibility
Chapter 9 Lab: Troubleshooting
Chapter 10 Capstone Project: Putting It All Together
Appendix A Check Your Understanding and Challenge Questions Answer Key
Appendix B Router Boot and Password Recovery Labs
Appendix C Lab Equipment Interfaces and Initial Configuration Restoration
Other Things You Might Like
- Introduction to Networks Companion Guide (CCNAv7)
- eBook (Watermarked) $57.60
- IT Essentials Companion Guide v7
- Book $72.00