- CCNA: Network Media Types
- Mar 14, 2003
- CCNP 1: Advanced IP Addressing Management
- Aug 27, 2004
- This guide from Cisco Press explains the ins and outs of IP management, including how to resolve IP addressing crises, and how and when to use helper addresses.
- CCNP BCRAN Self-Study: Managing Network Performance with Queuing and Compression
- Dec 23, 2003
- To help you prepare for the CCNP BCRAN exam, Brian Morgan and Craig Dennis discuss some of the advanced queuing techniques offered in Cisco IOS and compression techniques that are possible from Cisco routers.
- CCNP BSCI Exam: Introduction to the Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS) Protocol
- Apr 25, 2003
- CCNP BSCI Exam: Using OSPF Across Multiple Areas
- Apr 25, 2003
- CCNP CIT Exam Self-Study: Selecting a Troubleshooting Approach
- Dec 19, 2003
- This sample chapter presents three main approaches to troubleshooting and describes how to select a suitable troubleshooting approach for the problem at hand.
- CCNP Exam Prep: Traditional Spanning Tree Protocol
- Dec 22, 2005
- This chapter discusses the theory and operation of the STP with an eye toward passing the CCNP BCMSN Exam. More specifically, the original, or traditional, STP is covered, as defined in IEEE 802.1D.
- CCNP ISCW Exam Guide: GRE Tunneling over Ipsec
- Jun 24, 2008
- This chapter talks about the use of GRE in an IPsec environment and how that relates to the CCNP ISCW exam.
- CCNP Practical Studies: Layer 3 Switching
- Nov 26, 2003
- Learn about Layer 3 switching in detail and how to configure Layer 3 switching on the flagship of the Cisco Catalyst product family, the Catalyst 6000/6500.
- CCNP Practical Studies: Using DSL to Access a Central Site
- Jan 30, 2004
- This sample chapter focuses on Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technology, one of the most popular broadband access methods and a new topic on the CCNP exam.
- CCNP ROUTE 642-902 Exam Foundation Learning: Implementing Path Control
- Aug 5, 2010
- This chapter covers implementing path control, focusing on understanding and implementing path control as well as advanced path control tools.
- CCNP ROUTE Certification Guide: Basic IGP Redistribution
- Mar 22, 2010
- Wendell Odom covers route redistribution basics, redistribution in EIGRP, and redistribution in OSPF in preparation for the CCNP ROUTE exam 642-902.
- CCNP ROUTE Command Guide: Implementing Path Control
- Mar 23, 2010
- This chapter helps you prepare for the CCNP ROUTE exam by covering the following topics related to implementing path control: Offset lists, Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreements, and Policy routing using route maps.
- CCNP Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide: Configuration of Redistribution
- Jan 21, 2015
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide provides information about redistribution topics.
- CCNP Routing and Switching Quick Reference: BGP and Internet Connectivity
- Mar 24, 2010
- This chapter provides a quick review of CCNP Routing and Switching exam topics, focusing specifically on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).
- CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide: Switch Port Configuration
- Dec 18, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide presents the various Ethernet network technologies used to establish switched connections within the campus network and also details the switch commands required for configuring and troubleshooting Ethernet LAN ports.
- CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide: Troubleshooting Device Performance
- Dec 9, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide discusses common reasons for high CPU and memory utilization on routers and switches, in addition to how we can recognize them. This chapter also covers interface statistics because they sometimes provide the initial indication of some type of issue.
- CCNP Routing Studies: Basic Open Shortest Path First
- May 24, 2002
- Understanding basic Open Shortest Path First routing principles not only applies to the CCNP certification but to all Cisco-based certifications. This chapter focuses on a number of objectives falling under the CCNP routing principles.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- Mar 11, 2011
- This chapter starts to look at the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-618 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- May 17, 2012
- This section starts to examine the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management. This section covers basic command-line interface (CLI) configuration, but mainly focuses on configuring the ASA through the graphical Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM).