Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCSP CSI Exam Certification Guide (CCSP Self-Study, 642-541)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Additional content is available for updates to the current CSI exam. To get the updated content, please click on "Downloads" in the "More Information" box.
- CD-ROM Based Testing Engine with over 200 questions.
Prepares students for exam time by simulating exam conditions and measuring readiness.
- Remediation feature in testing engine.
Provides students with overview of areas that require further study.
- Modular writing style.
Breaks concepts down into easy-to-absorb blocks of information.
- Pre- and post-chapter questions.
Helps students review concept retention and comprehension of chapter topics.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 408
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58720-089-9
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-089-2
The official self-study test preparation guide for the CCSP CSI exam 642-541
- Classifying and mitigating network attacks
- Securing designs for small, medium-sized, and remote-user networks
- Understanding the SAFE network modules
- Identifying security threats
- Implementing appropriate security products to prevent or counteract vulnerabilities
- Defining a security policy
- Using the Cisco Secure product portfolio including perimeter security, IDS, secure connectivity, security management, and Cisco AVVID
- Understanding the SAFE architectural overview
CCSP CSI Exam Certification Guide is a best-of-breed Cisco(r) exam study guide that focuses specifically on the objectives for the CSI exam. Inside, you'll find preparation hints and test-taking tips to help you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual and hands-on knowledge of network security.
CCSP CSI Exam Certification Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. "Do I Know This Already?" quizzes open each chapter and allow you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Foundation Summary lists and tables make referencing easy and give you a quick refresher whenever you need it. Challenging chapter-ending review questions reinforce key concepts. An entire chapter of scenarios helps you place the exam objectives in real-world situations, thus increasing recall during exam time.
The companion CD-ROM contains a powerful testing engine that allows you to focus on individual topic areas or take a complete, timed exam. The assessment engine tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, presenting links to the text for further review and helping you devise a complete study plan.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, challenging review questions, and hands-on exercises, this book helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
CCSP CSI Exam Certification Guide is part of a recommended study program from Cisco Systems(r) that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Ido Dubrawsky is a network security architect in the Cisco Systems, Inc., SAFE Architecture Team. He is the primary author of three major SAFE whitepapers. He holds bachelor's and master's degrees in aerospace engineering from the University of Texas at Austin. Ido holds the CISSP, CCNA(r), and CCDA(r) certifications.
Paul Grey, CCIE(r) No. 10470, is a senior network architect for Boxing Orange Limited, where he provides consultative, design, and implementation services using Cisco products. Paul holds a bachelor's in chemistry and physiology from the University of Sheffield. Paul also holds the CCNP(r), CCDP(r), and CCSP certifications.
In September 2004, new objectives were added to the CCSP CSI exam #642-541. To access preparation material for the updated exam, download the Word documents below, provided by Cisco Press for readers of the first edition.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 926 KB -- Chapter 13: Designing Small SAFE Networks
Table of Contents
1. What is SAFE?
2. SAFE Design Philosophy.
3. SAFE Design Concepts.
4. SAFE Modules.
5. Security Policy.
6. Security Threats.
7. Network Attack Taxonomy I.
8. Network Attack Taxonomy II.
9. Network Attack Mitigation I.
10. Network Attack Mitigation II.
11. Network Management.
12. Cisco Security Products I.
13. Cisco Security Products II.
14. Small Network Design Chapter.
15. Small Network Implementation.
16. Medium Network Design.
17. Medium Network Implementation.
18. Remote Network Design.
19. Scenarios for Final Preparation.
Appendix A. Answers to the “Do I Know This Already Quiz?” and Q/A Sections.
Download - 166 KB -- Index
Page 317: The correct answers to Chapter DIKTA Q1 are options B & E, not A & E as given.
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $55.99
- CCNP Security IPS 642-627 Official Cert Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $55.99