Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Cisco IP Telephony
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Only Cisco Systems-approved materials of its kind.
Students gain knowledge from the source of the exams, courses, and technology.
- The only Cisco Systems-approved books for foundation learning for the Cisco certification exams.
Prepares students for the certification exam by learning from the only reliable source.
- Reviews of all concepts covered on the exam.
Prepares students and snsures that they do not need to go to a secondary source for further study prior to sitting for the exam.
- Extensive use of quizzes, practice questions and scenarios.
Provides a large resource of progression testing to insure material comprehension.
- Packed with case studies that foster an understanding of the application of the concepts.
Provides real-world examples to better show the application of theory in real-world environment.
- Copyright 2002
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-050-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-050-3
Configure an end-to-end Cisco AVVID IP Telephony solution with an authorized self-study guide
Cisco IP Telephony is based on the successful CIPT training class taught by the author and other Cisco-certified training partners. This book provides networking professionals with the fundamentals to implement a Cisco AVVID IP Telephony solution that can be run over a data network, therefore reducing costs associated with running separate data and telephone networks. Cisco IP Telephony focuses on using Cisco CallManager and other IP telephony components connected in LANs and WANs. This book provides you with a foundation for working with Cisco IP Telephony products, specifically Cisco CallManager. If your task is to install, configure, support, and maintain a CIPT network, this is the book for you.
Part I of Cisco IP Telephony introduces IP telephony components in the Cisco AVVID environment. Part II covers basic CIPT installation, configuration, and administration tasks, including building CallManager clusters; configuring route plans, route groups, route lists, route patterns, partitions, and calling search spaces; configuring and managing shared media resources such as transcoders, conference bridges, and music on hold; configuring and managing Cisco IP Phone features and users; configuring IP telephony component hardware and software; automating database moves, adds, and changes using the Bulk Administration Tool (BAT); and installing, upgrading, and creating backups for Cisco CallManager components. Part III deals with advanced CIPT configuration tasks for call preservation and shared media resources; covers distributed and centralized call processing model design in WAN environments; explains how to deploy Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) to provide local call processing redundancy at remote branch sites; and provides tips, guidelines, and rules for deploying a Cisco IP Telephony solution, culled from seasoned practitioners in the field. Part IV focuses on three of the primary Cisco applications designed for integration in a Cisco CallManager environment-Cisco WebAttendant, Cisco IP SoftPhone, and Cisco Unity. All this detailed information makes Cisco IP Telephony an ideal resource for the configuration and management of a Cisco IP Telephony solution.
Cisco IP Telephony offers indispensable information on how to Configure and implement an end-to-end IP telephony solution using Cisco CallManager and CIPT devices to converge your voice and data networks
- Create, configure, and manage Cisco CallManager clusters to support small user environments as well as larger user environments with up to 10,000 users
- Optimize routing flexibility into your CIPT network design using route plans
- Ensure telephony class of service with partitions and calling search spaces
- Effect moves, adds, and changes on a large number of users and devices quickly and efficiently
- Perform proper installation, upgrade, and backup of Cisco CallManager clusters
- Monitor and perform troubleshooting tasks for a CIPT solution
David Lovell is an educational specialist at Cisco Systems(r), Inc., where he designs, develops, and delivers training on CIPT networks. David is experienced in design and implementation of IP telephony systems and has been instructing students for six years, two of which have been focused solely on IP telephony.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 2.15 MB -- Chapter 1: Introduction to Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT) Components
Table of Contents
I. GETTING STARTED WITH CISCO IP TELEPHONY.1. Introduction to Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT) Components.
II. BASIC CONFIGURATION.2. Navigation and System Setup.
3. Cisco CallManager Administration Route Plan Menu.
4. Cisco CallManager Administration Service Menu.
5. Cisco CallManager Administration Feature and User Menus.
6. Cisco IP Telephony Devices.
7. Understanding and Using the Bulk Administration Tool (BAT).
8. Installation, Backups, and Upgrades.
III. ADVANCED CONFIGURATION.9. LAN Infrastructure for Cisco IP Telephony.
10. Call Preservation.
11. Media Resources.
12. WAN Design Considerations for Cisco IP Telephony Networks.
13. Best Practices for Cisco IP Telephony Deployment.
IV. APPLICATIONS.14. Applications.
V. APPENDIXES.Appendix A Cisco CallManager Architecture.
Appendix B Answers to Chapter Pre-Test and Post-Test Questions.
Download - 327 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- Synchronizing 5G Mobile Networks
- Book $55.99
- Synchronizing 5G Mobile Networks
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.79
- CCNP Collaboration Call Control and Mobility CLACCM 300-815 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $63.99