Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Cisco Networking Simplified
- By Paul Della Maggiora, Jim Doherty
- Published Jun 9, 2003 by Cisco Press. Part of the Networking Technology series.
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Full color illustrations—Help students easily understand complex concepts.
Provides students with introductory comprehension of networking techniques, terminology, and technology.
- An introduction to the most popular networking concepts, technologies, and devices.
Lets students learn about networking basics as well as emerging technologies.
- “Whiteboard illustrations”—Further break out concepts and puts them into simplified examples.
Simplified concept illustrations, with no assumption of prerequisite knowledge, makes every topic approachable to every student.
- Topical overviews.
Provide a general understanding of the purpose, usage, and impact of each technology.
- Copyright 2003
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58720-074-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-074-8
A visual explanation of networking technologies
What you always wanted to know about networking but were afraid to ask!
- How the Internet works
- How e-mail, e-learning, and telephony work on the Internet
- What makes a network safe
- How traffic gets from here to there
- Disaster recovery and other ways to keep a network running
- How businesses share data
- See the world of Cisco networking with this illustrated guide's visual approach to learning
- Useful for both novices and networking professionals
- Covers a broad variety of internetworking topics-from e-mail to VPNs
At last-an illustrated guide to the world of Cisco networking. Cisco Networking Simplified breaks down the complicated world of internetworking into easy-to-understand parts. Learn quickly and easily the fundamentals of a variety of topics, such as security, IP telephony, and quality of service, from the full-color diagrams and clear explanations found in Cisco Networking Simplified.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press, the only authorized publisher for Cisco Systems.
Online Sample Chapter
Cisco Networking Simplified: Security
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 1.18 MB -- Chapter 9: Security
Table of Contents
I. HOW THE INTERNET WORKS.1. How Computers Communicate.
2. TCP/IP and IP Addressing.
3. Internet Applications.
II. TELEPHONES AND MOVIES ON THE INTERNET.4. IP Telephony.
5. IP Call Center.
6. IP Convergence with Tunneling.
III. MAKING THE NETWORK SAFE.9. Security.
11. Firewall and IDS.
13. Client Authentication and Public Key Encryption.
IV. HOW TRAFFIC GETS FROM HERE TO THERE.14. Ethernet.
15. LAN Swithcing.
16. Routing and Switching.
17. Mobility and Wireless Networks.
V. KEEPING THE NETWORK RUNNING.18. Disaster Recovery.
19. High Availability.
20. Network Management.
22. Routing Protocols.
23. Spanning Tree.
VI. MOVING TRAFFIC ACROSS THE STREET AND THE WORLD.24. Campus Networks.
25. Optical Technologies.
26. Broadband Technologies.
27. WAN Technologies.
28. Traffic Engineering with MPLS.
VII. HOW BUSINESSES SHARE DATA.29. Data Center.
30. SAN, Storage.
31. Content Networking.
33. Desktop Protocols.
34. SNA Infrastructure.
Download - 402 KB -- Index
Errata -- 26 KB
Other Things You Might Like
- Real Time Over Wireless LiveLessons
- Online Video $199.99
- MPLS Fundamentals LiveLessons
- Online Video $159.99
- Intercloud: Solving Interoperability and Communication in a Cloud of Clouds
- eBook (Watermarked) $22.39