Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Design and Implementation of DSL-Based Access Solutions
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2002
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-021-8
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-021-3
The ultimate DSL deployment guides and reference
- Teaches the reader how to design and implement the network to offer services such as voice, video, and data
- Explains the various access and core architectures for xDSL technologies
- Details how to do mass provisioning and how to manage an end-to-end network
- Includes case studies that depict some of the most common deployed architectures, how they evolved, problems they faced, and how they were overcome
Design and Implementation of DSL-Based Access Solutions addresses various architectures for DSL-based networks. It focuses on how to design and implement an end-to-end solution for service providers, considering various business models such as retail, wholesale, VPN, etc.
This book depicts the different architectures, and helps you understand the key design principles in deploying them. It covers both access encapsulations such as bridging, PPPoA, PPPoE, and routing, as well as core architectures such as IP, L2TP, MPLS/VPN, and ATM. Because it focuses on end-to-end solutions, Design and Implementation of DSL-Based Access Solutions talks about how to do mass provisioning of subscribers and how to manage networks in the most efficient way. It also includes discussions of real-life deployments, their design-related issues, and their implementation.
Table of Contents
1. History of Remote Access Technology.
The World of Analog. ISDN. ADSL Comes of Age. ADSL Benefits. Applications That Drive High-Speed Access.
2. xDSL Flavors and Considerations at the Physical and Data Link Layers.
ADSL. VDSL. IDSL. SDSL. G.shdsl. Comparing xDSL Flavors. Design Considerations at the Physical Layer (Layer 1). Considerations at the Data Link Layer (Layer 2).
3. Service Offerings.
The ADSL Functional Segments. CLECs and ILECs. Wholesale Service Providers. Retail Service Provider. Centralized Versus Distributed Architecture for xDSL Networks. Points to Consider Before Deploying Any Architecture.
4. Access and Core Architectures.
The Access Network. RFC 1483 Bridging. Routed Bridge Encapsulation (RBE) Baseline Architecture. PPP over ATM. PPP over Ethernet Architecture (PPPoE). RFC 1483 Routing. The Core Network. Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP). MPLS-Based VPNs. Service Selection Gateway. SSG Terminology. SSG Service Models.
5. Case Studies.
Case Study 1: Small to Medium Wholesale SP. Case Study 2: Large Wholesale SP. Case Study 3: Very Large Wholesale SP. Case Study 4: VPN Services.
6. Network Management and Service Provisioning.
Service Provisioning. Flow-Through Service Provisioning. Accounting and Billing.
Download - 234 KB -- Index