Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Policy Driven Data Center with ACI, The: Architecture, Concepts, and Methodology
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Your Price: $44.79
- List Price: $55.99
- Includes EPUB and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2015
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 384
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58714-490-5
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58714-490-5
Use policies and Cisco® ACI to make data centers more flexible and configurable—and deliver far more business value
Using the policy driven data center approach, networking professionals can accelerate and simplify changes to the data center, construction of cloud infrastructure, and delivery of new applications. As you improve data center flexibility, agility, and portability, you can deliver far more business value, far more rapidly.
In this guide, Cisco data center experts Lucien Avramov and Maurizio Portolani show how to achieve all these benefits with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and technologies such as python, REST, and OpenStack. The authors explain the advantages, architecture, theory, concepts, and methodology of the policy driven data center. Next, they demonstrate the use of python scripts and REST to automate network management and simplify customization in ACI environments.
Drawing on experience deploying ACI in enterprise data centers, the authors review design considerations and implementation methodologies. You will find design considerations for virtualized datacenters, high performance computing, ultra-low latency environments, and large-scale data centers. The authors walk through building multi-hypervisor and bare-metal infrastructures, demonstrate service integration, and introduce advanced telemetry capabilities for troubleshooting.
Leverage the architectural and management innovations built into Cisco® Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Understand the policy driven data center model
- Use policies to meet the network performance and design requirements of modern data center and cloud environments
- Quickly map hardware and software capabilities to application deployments using graphical tools—or programmatically, via the Cisco APIC API
- Increase application velocity: reduce the time needed to move applications into production
- Define workload connectivity instead of (or along with) subnets, VLAN stitching, and ACLs
- Use Python scripts and REST to automate policy changes, parsing, customization, and self-service
- Design policy-driven data centers that support hypervisors
- Integrate OpenStack via the Cisco ACI APIC OpenStack driver architecture
- Master all facets of building and operating multipurpose cloud architectures with ACI
- Configure ACI fabric topology as an infrastructure or tenant administrator
- Insert Layer 4–Layer 7 functions using service graphs
- Leverage centralized telemetry to optimize performance; find and resolve problems
- Understand and familiarize yourself with the paradigms of programmable policy driven networks
Online Sample Chapter
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 2 and Index)
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Data Center Architecture Considerations
- Chapter 2 Building Blocks for Cloud Architectures
- Chapter 3 The Policy Data Center
- Chapter 4 Operational Model
- Chapter 5 Data Center Design with Hypervisors
- Chapter 6 OpenStack
- Chapter 7 ACI Fabric Design Methodology
- Chapter 8 Service Insertion with ACI
- Chapter 9 Advanced Telemetry
- Chapter 10 Data Center Switch Architecture
Other Things You Might Like
- Cisco Intersight: A Handbook for Intelligent Cloud Operations
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99
- Cisco Data Center Fundamentals
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39