- Building Blocks for Data Center Cloud Architectures
Lucien Avramov, Maurizio Portolani
- Jan 26, 2015
- This chapter from The Policy Driven Data Center with ACI: Architecture, Concepts, and Methodology describes the components of a cloud infrastructure and how ACI provides network automation for the cloud. It also explains the Amazon Web Services approach; covers the role of the various orchestration tools; introduces some key concepts on how to automate the provisioning of servers and how to get started with OpenStack; explains the OpenStack modeling of the cloud infrastructure; and discusses the administrator’s task of mapping the requirements of IaaS services onto the models of these technologies.
- Building Cisco IDS 3.0(3) Custom Signatures
- Feb 15, 2002
- Tuning your IDS to meet your specific network requirements is crucial for optimum protection of your network, as discussed in this article by Earl Carter.
- Building Multiservice Transport Networks: MSPP Network Design Example: Cisco ONS 15454
Jim Durkin, John A Goodman, Ron Harris, Frank Posse, Michael Rezek, Mike Wallace
- Oct 13, 2006
- The Cisco ONS 15454 is a highly flexible and highly scalable multiservice Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH)/dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) platform. Service providers and enterprise customers use the ONS 15454 to build highly available transport networks for time-division multiplexing (TDM), Ethernet, storage extension, and wavelength services. In this chapter, you will learn the major components of the ONS 15454 system.
- Building Resilient IP Networks: The Access Module
Beng-Hui Ong, Kok-Keong Lee, Fung Lim
- Jun 9, 2006
- This chapter focuses on Ethernet switching technology, specifically Layer 2 network resiliency and how it should be built to provide a solid foundation for the Layer 3 network.
- Business Process Virtualization, Outsourcing and Process Reengineering
Martha Young, Michael Jude
- Mar 19, 2004
- Campus Distribution (Cisco Catalyst 4500) QoS Design
Christina Hattingh, Robert Barton, Kenneth Briley, Tim Szigeti
- Jan 22, 2014
- This chapter discusses the best-practice QoS design recommendations for the Cisco Catalyst 4500 (Supervisor 6-E/7-E) series switch in the role of a campus distribution layer switch.
- Capturing Network Traffic for the Catalyst 6000 IDS Module
- Feb 15, 2002
- With the addition of the Catalyst 6000 IDS Module, you can integrate your Cisco IDS directly into your network’s infrastructure, as discussed by expert Earl Carter.
- CCDA and CCDP Flash Cards: Content Networking
Anthony Sequeira, Kevin Wallace
- Mar 19, 2004
- CCDA DESGN 640-864: Designing Remote Connectivity
- Oct 6, 2011
- This chapter discusses wide-area network technologies and design and includes sections covering Identifying WAN Technology Considerations, Designing the Enterprise WAN, and Designing the Enterprise Branch.
- CCDA Self Study: Basic Campus Switching Design Considerations
- Jan 16, 2004
- Diane Teare introduces general campus switching design considerations and describes modularity in switching designs as preparation for CCDA exam 640-861.
- CCDA Self-Study: RIP, IGRP, and EIGRP Characteristics and Design
Anthony Bruno, Jacqueline Kim
- Dec 12, 2003
- This sample chapter reviews distance-vector routing protocols, covers both versions of the Routing Information Protocol, and discusses the Cisco Interior Gateway Routing Protocol and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol — important knowledge for the CCDA.
- CCDC and the Tale of the Insider Threat
- May 24, 2010
- Brad Bowers discusses the value of including the threat of insider attacks in Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC) events.
- CCDE Study Guide: Enterprise Campus Architecture Design
- Nov 23, 2015
- In this chapter from CCDE Study Guide, Marwan Al-shawi discusses issues related to enterprise campus architecture design, including hierarchical design models, modularity, access-distribution design model, layer 3 routing design considerations, EIGRP versus link state as a campus IGP, and enterprise campus network virtualization.
- CCDP Self-Study: Designing High-Availability Services
Amir Ranjbar, Keith Hutton
- Mar 18, 2005
- Cisco IOS high-availability technologies provide network redundancy and fault tolerance. Reliable network devices, redundant hardware components with automatic failover, and protocols like Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) are used to maximize network uptime. This chapter will help you get a handle on high-availability technologies.
- CCENT and CCNA Certification 2013: Which Exam Should You Take?
- Mar 26, 2013
- If you are considering taking the exams to become certified as a Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), this article by Cisco expert Michelle Plumb will help you decide which exams you should take.
- CCENT/CCNA Exam Strategies for Success
- Mar 26, 2013
- Planning to take a CCNA or CCENT exam? Anthony Sequeira prepares you as much as possible for your new exam with some tried and true Cisco written certification exam strategies for success.
- CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Exam Guide: Introduction to Wireless LANs
- Jul 15, 2008
- This chapter examines the basic concepts, standards, installation, and security options for some of the most common WLAN technologies today.
- CCIE Collaboration Quick Reference: Cisco Unified Communications Security
- Jul 2, 2014
- In this chapter, Akhil Behl explains how to secure a converged communications network by discussing potential threats as well as options for maintaining the confidentiality of network data and its integrity.
- CCIE Practical Studies: Configuring Route-Maps and Policy-based Routing
Karl Solie, Leah Lynch
- Nov 26, 2003
- Route maps are like duct tape for the networkthey can be applied to numerous situations to address many issues. At times, they may not be the most "pretty solutions," but they will be very effective. Karl Solie and Leah Lynch show you how to configure and use route maps.
- CCIE Routing & Switching v4.0 Quick Reference: Network Optimization
Brad Ellis, Steven Means, Jacob Uecker
- Oct 27, 2010
- This quick reference for CCIE Routing and Switching exam-takers covers SLAs, NetFlow, SPAN, RSPAN, and RITE, and Cisco IOS EEM.