- Cisco Network Academy Shines Bright in Alberta: An Interview with Scott Empson
- Jul 1, 2009
- Scott Empson discusses the value of the Cisco Networking Academy and other Cisco certifications.
- Cisco Network Security Fundamentals: Wireless Security
- Dec 30, 2004
- This chapter covers wireless security—what it is, how it works, how it is configured, what threatens it, and what policies can be designed to secure it.
- Cisco Network Time Protocol Configuration
- Oct 22, 2013
- Configuring Network Time Protocol (NTP) is not overly complex. In this article, networking consultant Sean Wilkins walks you through the configuration steps that can be used to implement NTP and get the target device’s clock time synchronized.
- Cisco Network Topologies and LAN Design
- Nov 16, 2001
- This chapter from CCDA Exam Certification Guide reviews the topologies used in network design and covers the technologies and design approaches used when designing a local-area network (LAN).
- Cisco Network Topology and Design
- Feb 1, 2002
- Explore design issues related to overall network topology with this sample chapter from Cisco Press.
- Cisco Networking Academy Connecting Networks Companion Guide: Connecting to the WAN
- May 7, 2014
- Different technologies are used for WANs than for LANs. This chapter introduces WAN standards, technologies, and purposes. It covers selecting the appropriate WAN technologies, services, and devices to meet the changing business requirements of an evolving enterprise.
- Cisco Networking Academy Connecting Networks Companion Guide: Hierarchical Network Design
- May 9, 2014
- This chapter introduces network design concepts, principles, models, and architectures. It covers the benefits that are obtained by using a systematic design approach.
- Cisco Networking Academy Connecting Networks Companion Guide: Point-to-Point Connections
- May 8, 2014
- This chapter covers the terms, technology, and protocols used in serial connections, introducing the High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP).
- Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Basic Switching Concepts and Configuration
- Mar 31, 2014
- This chapter examines some of the basic switch configuration settings required to maintain a secure, available, switched LAN environment.
- Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Routing Concepts
- Mar 20, 2014
- This chapter introduces and explains the primary functions and features of a router and explains the process for connecting and configuring devices to the router. It continues by describing the process by which routers manage packets, determine data paths, and build routing tables.
- Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Routing Dynamically
- Mar 24, 2014
- This chapter explains multiple routing protocols (particularly dynamic routing protocols) and describes their relative strengths and weaknesses. It also shows how to read a routing table easily and interpret the IPv6 routing information listed within it.
- Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Scaling Networks
- Apr 17, 2014
- This chapter introduces strategies that can be used to systematically design a highly functional network, such as the hierarchical network design model, the Cisco Enterprise Architecture, and appropriate device selections.
- Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Static Routing
- Mar 27, 2014
- This chapter explains the types of static routes as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each type. It also addresses routing configuration and troubleshooting.
- Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Switched Networks
- Apr 3, 2014
- This chapter begins an examination of the flow of traffic in a modern network. It examines some of the current network design models and the way LAN switches build forwarding tables and use the MAC address information to efficiently switch data between hosts.
- Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to VLANs
- Apr 7, 2014
- This chapter will cover how to configure, manage, and troubleshoot VLANs and VLAN trunks. It will also examine security considerations and strategies relating to VLANs and trunks, and best practices for VLAN design.
- Cisco Networking Simplified: Security
- Jun 20, 2003
- Security should be designed around efforts to protect from the outside and control from the inside. Discover the vital aspects of security and identity and how each can function to keep your company and its parts safe.
- Cisco NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Unified Fabric
- Apr 26, 2013
- This chapter shows the basic Nexus 5x00 and Nexus 7000 configurations necessary to provide a Unified access method for LAN data traffic and SAN storage traffic.
- Cisco OSPF Route Redistribution
- Jul 5, 2002
- Use this complete reference to Cisco OSPF commands next time your network needs route redistribution. Ten example scenarios clearly illustrate the purpose, syntax, and usage of each command.
- Cisco PIX: Advanced Features and Attack Guards
- Dec 28, 2001
- This sample chapter introduces the concepts and configuration elements of the Cisco Secure PIX Firewall features necessary to securely handle multichannel TCP applications. You will learn about advanced protocol handling, multimedia support, and attack guards.
- Cisco PIX: Failover Demystified
- Dec 28, 2001
- Failover provides a second PIX Firewall if the first one fails. This article covers the following Failover topics: operation, configuration replication, monitoring, fail back rules, and interface testing.