- Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) 5.2 and User Change Password (UCP)
- Feb 14, 2011
- This article teaches you how to use the User Change Password (UCP) service in Cisco ACS to allow users defined in the ACS internal database to first authenticate themselves and then change their own password.
- Q&A with the Authors of "AAA Identity Management Security"
Premdeep Banga, Brandon J. Carroll, Vivek Santuka
- Feb 7, 2011
- The authors of AAA Identity Management Security discuss the book and its features.
- Cisco AAA Identity Management Security: Getting Familiar with ACS 5.1
Brandon J. Carroll, Premdeep Banga, Vivek Santuka
- Feb 2, 2011
- ACS 5.1 has a completely different user interface from ACS 4.2. Throughout the course of this chapter you will become familiar with the GUI and know where different functions are located.
- Computer Incident Response and Product Security: Operating an Incident Response Team
- Dec 17, 2010
- This chapter covers aspects of running an incidence response team (IRT) such as team size, team member profiles, cooperating with other groups, preparing for incidents, and measuring success.
- Cisco Unified Wireless LAN Security Fundamentals
Jake Woodhams, Robert Marg, Jeff Smith
- Dec 3, 2010
- This chapter discusses the fundamentals of wireless LAN security in the context of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN).
- The Evolution of Evil: Changes in the Use of USB Devices as Delivery Mechanisms for Malicious Code
- Oct 7, 2010
- USB microcontrollers are small, capable of circumventing most malware detection software, and can deliver devastating payloads. Brad Bowers takes a closer look at this new attack vector and reveals some of the challenges IT security professionals face as the use of microcontrollers as an attack platform matures.
- Getting Owned: The USB Keystroke Injection Attack
- Oct 6, 2010
- What do you call a USB-based device that can bypass all AV and autorun policies? Although most would consider it a perfect mischievous attack vector, Hyundai has used it as a tool to build customer loyalty. This leaves Seth Fogie wondering: Are people are planning to maliciously use this technology?
- VoIP Deployment Models in Service Provider Networks
Adeel Ahmed, Habib Madani, Talal Siddiqui
- Oct 5, 2010
- This chapter gives you an understanding of how Voice over IP (VoIP) is deployed in service provider (SP) networks by describing a use case in which the VoIP infrastructure and the transport and the access are managed by an SP.
- Developing Network Security Strategies
- Oct 4, 2010
- To help you handle the difficulties inherent in designing network security for complex networks, this chapter teaches a systematic, top-down approach that focuses on planning and policy development before the selection of security products.
- Discovering the Upcoming Wi-Fi Direct Standard
- Aug 16, 2010
- See how you'll benefit from this new Wi-Fi standard. Eric Geier shows you how it compares with Bluetooth and the existing Wi-Fi ad-hoc networking. Plus you'll discover its downsides and negative impacts.
- Security in Tcl Scripts for Cisco IOS
Arvind Durai, Raymond Blair, John Lautmann
- Aug 10, 2010
- This chapter provides an introduction to PKI infrastructure and goes on to cover the use of digital signatures to sign a Tcl script, a scenario for Tcl script-failure, and scaling Tcl script distribution.
- CCNP ROUTE 642-902 Exam Foundation Learning: Implementing Path Control
- Aug 5, 2010
- This chapter covers implementing path control, focusing on understanding and implementing path control as well as advanced path control tools.
- WLAN Design: Range, Performance, and Roaming Considerations
- Aug 3, 2010
- This chapter provides insight and addresses important elements you should consider to avoid common problems when designing a wireless LAN.
- Configuration of Frame Mode MPLS
Frankena, Steve McQuerry, Andrew Whitaker
- Jul 28, 2010
- This chapter covers the background and configuration of frame mode Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
- Configuring the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
Brian Morgan, Shane Lisenbea, Michael Popovich
- Jul 27, 2010
- This chapter covers the client installation, configuration, basic and advanced features, and client-side troubleshooting of the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator.
- CCNP Wireless IUWMS Quick Reference: Implementing Location-Based Services
- Jul 20, 2010
- This chapter describes the location-tracking techniques used in providing location-based services — unique events tied to the physical location of an 802.11 device.
- Introduction to Cisco NX-OS
David Jansen, Kevin Corbin, Ron Fuller
- Jul 19, 2010
- This chapter provides an introduction and overview of NX-OS and a comparison between traditional IOS and NX-OS configurations and terminology.
- Analyzing the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture
Balaji Sivasubramanian, Erum Frahim, Richard Froom
- Jul 15, 2010
- This chapter introduces you to the concepts of enterprise campus designs, along with an implementation process that can ensure a successful campus network deployment.
- Cisco Data Center Virtualization Server Architectures
Roger Andersson, Silvano Gai, Tommi Salli
- Jul 1, 2010
- This chapter examines processor, memory, and I/O subsystems with particular reference to servers built according to the IA-32, often generically called x86 architecture.
- Network Security Auditing Tools and Techniques
- Jun 29, 2010
- This chapter discusses software tools and techniques auditors can use to test network security controls. Security testing as a process is covered, but the focus is on gathering the evidence useful for an audit.