- Recovering and Securing Your Wi-Fi Encryption Keys
- Jun 4, 2010
- Have you forgotten the WEP or WPA key or passphrase for your Wi-Fi? Eric Geier helps you discover how to recover or reset and secure your network password.
- CCDC and the Tale of the Insider Threat
- May 24, 2010
- Brad Bowers discusses the value of including the threat of insider attacks in Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC) events.
- Five Applications to Secure Your Wi-Fi Hotspot Connections
- May 13, 2010
- Don't risk eavesdroppers capturing your email, passwords, and other sensitive info! Eric Geier reviews five helpful apps that encrypt your wireless traffic.
- The Bad Guys from Outside: Malware
- Apr 29, 2010
- In this chapter, you'll learn how malware works and why it presents such a threat to the enterprise.
- CCNP TSHOOT Certification Guide: Understanding the Basics of QoS
- Apr 27, 2010
- Kevin Wallace discusses basic quality of service (QoS) mechanisms on Cisco routers, which are important to understand when troubleshooting VoIP issues.
- IPv6: Why Bother?
- Apr 16, 2010
- IPv6 has been coming Real Soon Now for well over a decade. David Chisnall looks at what the benefits it brings and how to support it.
- Moving to WPA/WPA2-Enterprise Wi-Fi Encryption
- Apr 9, 2010
- Wi-Fi networks in businesses should be using the Enterprise mode of WPA or WPA2 encryption. Eric Geier shows you how to move from the Personal (PSK) mode to the Enterprise (RADIUS) mode.
- Securing Your Wi-Fi Hotspot Sessions
- Mar 30, 2010
- Eric Geier shares tips to keep your email, documents, and computer safe while using Wi-Fi hotspots.
- SIP Trunking Design and Implementation Considerations
- Mar 21, 2010
- This chapter highlights many of the network design and implementation considerations you should work through while planning or installing a SIP trunk for production purposes in your network.
- Cisco WAAS Architecture, Hardware, and Sizing
- Feb 1, 2010
- This chapter provides an introduction to the Cisco WAAS hardware family, along with an in-depth examination of the hardware and software architecture.
- Cisco ASA Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Network Security Services
- Jan 28, 2010
- This chapter provides an explanation of the configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco ASA-supported authentication, authorization, and accounting network security services.
- Virtual LANs and VLAN Trunking
- Dec 25, 2009
- This chapter covers some of the most fundamental and important LAN topics with coverage of VLANs and VLAN trunking in preparation for the CCIE Routing and Switching Exam.
- Deploying a Fast and Stable Wireless Mesh Network
- Dec 9, 2009
- This chapter provides practical tips and advice for deploying a fast and stable wireless mesh network.
- How to Network Windows 7, Vista, and XP Computers
- Nov 13, 2009
- Upgrading to Windows 7 but still have XP or Vista machines? No problem. Eric Geier shows you how to network among all these Windows versions.
- Creating a Hotspot Gateway with RouterOS
- Nov 2, 2009
- Eric Geier shows how to set up the integrated hotspot gateway with RouterOS.
- Creating a VPN Server with RouterOS
- Oct 27, 2009
- Eric Geier continues his RouterOS series by discussing its VPN capabilities
- Tips on Setting Up and Hosting a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Oct 21, 2009
- Eric Geier shares tips on installing and operating a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Ten Useful and Free Networking Tools
- Oct 13, 2009
- Eric Geier shares 10 free and useful networking tools and utilities.
- Supercharging Your Cheap Router with Enterprise Features
- Oct 5, 2009
- Did you know you can replace the firmware on your router? Eric Geier describes the highs and lows of aftermarket firmware projects.
- Seven Troubleshooting Tips for Wireless N Networks
- Oct 1, 2009
- Are your wireless N connections not getting the speeds, performance, or range you hoped for? Eric Geier helps you get your money's worth.