Your Next Steps
You’ve discovered how 802.1X authentication makes WPA/WPA2-Enterprise encryption the way to secure Wi-Fi networks in businesses. You also learned that an authentication server is required and that PEAP, TLS, and TTLS are the popular EAP types.
Here are a few tips to help you with your next steps:
- Find and select a RADIUS server or outsourced service.
- Set up the RADIUS server with the EAP, AP, and user settings.
- Configure your APs with the encryption and RADIUS server information.
- Configure Windows (or other OS) with the encryption and 802.1X settings.
- Finally, connect to your Enterprise-protected network!