Answer the following questions, and then see Appendix A, "Answers to Review Questions," for the answers.
List some considerations for redundant networks.
How does address summarization help keep a network stable?
List some path control tools.
Indicate whether each statement is referring to OSPF or EIGRP.
Metric can be changed only for external routes at redistribution points.
Next hop can be set for all routes under various conditions.
Can be configured only on ABRs and ASBRs.
Unequal-cost load balancing is available.
All routes can be tagged.
- Select the true statements.
- An empty prefix list denies all prefixes.
- Offset lists increase the incoming metric of routes.
- A distribute list allows an access list to be applied to routing updates.
- If a prefix is permitted, the route is used. If a prefix is denied, the route is not used.
- Offset lists decrease the incoming metric of routes.
In the offset-list command, what is the access-list-number or access-list-name parameter used for?
Fill in the blank: _____________use active traffic monitoring, generating traffic in a continuous, reliable, and predictable manner, to measure network performance
What is a Cisco IOS IP SLAs responder?
Which ports are used when an IP SLAs source sends to an IP SLAs responder?
- Select the true statements about IP SLAs.
- Operations are configured on the IP SLAs source.
- Operations are configured on the IP SLAs responder.
- A Cisco IOS device can be an IP SLAs responder.
- A Cisco IOS device can be an IP SLAs source.
- A web server can be an IP SLAs source.
Write the command to track the reachability of IOS IP SLAs operation number 100 with object number 2.
Write the command to start IP SLAs operation number 100 immediately and have it never end.
What are some benefits of policy-based routing (PBR)?
To which packets on an interface is PBR applied?
- When a route map is used for PBR, which of the following are true statements?
- If the statement is marked as deny, a packet meeting the match criteria is sent through the normal forwarding channels.
- If the statement is marked as deny, a packet meeting the match criteria is dropped.
- If the statement is marked as permit and the packet meets all the match criteria, the set commands are applied.
- If the statement is marked as permit and the packet meets all the match criteria, the packet is sent through the normal forwarding channels.
- If no match is found in the route map, the packet is not dropped.
- If no match is found in the route map, the packet is dropped.
In which order are the following set commands evaluated?
set default interface
set ip default next-hop
set ip next-hop
When is the set default interface command used?
When are the ip policy route-map and ip local policy route-map commands used?
What does the set ip next-hop verify-availability command do?
How does OER differ from normal routing?
What are virtual routing forwarding (VRF) tables?