1. What is a routing protocol?
2. What basic procedures should a routing algorithm p_erform?
3. Why do routing protocols use metrics?
4. What is convergence time?
5. What is load balancing? Name four different types of load balancing.
6. What is a distance vector routing protocol?
7. Name several problems associated with distance vector protocols.
8. What are neighbors?
9. What is the purpose of route invalidation timers?
10. Explain the difference between simple split horizon and split horizon with poisoned reverse.
11. What is the counting-to-infinity problem, and how can it be controlled?
12. What are holddown timers, and how do they work?
13. What are the differences between distance vector and link state routing protocols?
14. What is the purpose of a topological database?
15. Explain the basic steps involved in converging a link state internetwork.
16. Why are sequence numbers important in link state prot_ocols?
17. What purpose does aging serve in a link state protocol?
18. Explain how an SPF algorithm works.
19. How do areas benefit a link state internetwork?
20. What is an autonomous system?
21. What is the difference between an IGP and an EGP?