As mentioned in the section "How to Use This Book" in the Introduction, you have two choices for review questions. The questions that follow present a bigger challenge than the exam itself because they use an open-ended question format. By reviewing using this more difficult format, you can exercise your memory better and prove your conceptual and factual knowledge of this chapter. You can find the answers to these questions in the appendix.
For more practice with exam-like question formats, including questions using a router simulator and multiple-choice questions, use the exam engine on the CD-ROM.
- What are the most common types of Layer 2 attacks?
- Describe the CAM table overflow attack.
- Explain the three categories of action that can be taken when a port security violation occurs.
- When a secure port is in the error-disabled state, how can it be brought out of this state?
- How can you mitigate VLAN hopping attacks?
- What is involved in an STP attack?
- How does MAC spoofing–man-in-the-middle attacks work?
- How can you mitigate MAC spoofing attacks?
- Describe how a proxy attack bypasses access restrictions of private VLANs.
- Explain how a DHCP starvation attack is performed.