Check Your Understanding
Complete all the review questions listed here to test your understanding of the topics and concepts in this chapter. The appendix, “Answers to the ‘Check Your Understanding’ Questions,” lists the answers.
What is a group of web pages that groups of individuals can edit and view together called?
- Weblog (blog)
- Instant messaging
Which of the following are disadvantages of peer-to-peer networking? (Choose two.)
- Expensive to set up and maintain
- No centralized administration
- Complex configuration
Which devices would be considered end devices on a network? (Choose four.)
- IP phone
- Tablet computer
- Wireless access point
What type of information would be found on a logical topology diagram?
- Location of departmental printer
- Length and type of all cable runs
- IP addressing scheme
- Location of departmental switch
What is a network infrastructure that provides access to other networks over a wide geographic area?
Which of the following are business-class Internet connection technologies normally supplied by a service provider? (Choose two.)
- Leased lines
- Broadband cable
- Metro Ethernet
- Mobile services
Which technology would be best to provide a home user with a high-speed, always-on Internet connection?
What is a converged network?
- A network that makes use of both fiber-optic and copper connections
- A network where voice, video, and data move over the same infrastructure
- A network that makes use of both wired and wireless technology
- A network that makes use of both satellite and terrestrial connections to move data
What is a fault-tolerant network?
- A network that can provide priority treatment of voice and video traffic
- A network that offers secure transactions
- A network that can reroute traffic in case of device failure
- A network that is incapable of failing
What is true of Tier 3 ISPs?
- They act as local providers of service directly to end users.
- They connect directly to Tier 1 ISPs.
- They interconnect with other Tier 1 ISPs.
- They provide high-speed redundant services to other ISPs.
Which type of traffic must receive the highest priority from QoS?
- Web traffic
- Order processing
What are the primary requirements of information security? (Choose three.)
List four current network trends.
Describe some common everyday uses of a modern-day network.
In what ways has the network transformed the way we learn?